PDA

View Full Version : creating audio for Imovie/short vids.

SpitzerCR
Jan 15, 2010, 11:31 AM
I record a couple different kinds of racing, and also film short skits.

Usually i just go through my itunes library and throw something in for the race videos.. thats getting old though and the words are annoying ;)

Usually do some sort of quick paced rock song since its to help promote tracks and get people to come race wherever.

I also do some small skits that need a wide variety of "feel" to them.

I have tinkered and tinkered in garage band but in the end dont come up with much. I am pretty sure i need to buy some addons for it if i go that route.

I have even considered turntables to mix stuff....Or possibly a loop collection. Is there a way to pull voice out of sound tracks then mix them???:D

Sorry about my vague question, i am really that lost on what the best route is.

ChrisA
Jan 15, 2010, 02:41 PM
If you are using other people's music to promote a race track you are setting yourself of for problems with the copyright owner. It is one thing to use this in your own home but when you use it to promote a client you are putting yourself and the client at risk.

Garage band or logic is a great tool but you still need to know what you are doing and understand music. Try Google on "Creative Commons". You'll find music there where the artist wants to to download and use it in your works.

Also you can hire a local band for not much. Or just some guitar player to play over top of some drum loops you made.

the "trick" to removing vocals works at best only about 70%. It depends on the fact that most vocals are mixed to the voice is center stage, dead center between the two speakers in the stereo mix. What you do is flip the phase of one channel and add it to the other. You might need a better audio editor than GB to do that. Audacity might work.

SpitzerCR
Jan 15, 2010, 02:47 PM
If you are using other people's music to promote a race track yu are setting yourself of for problems with the copyright owner. It is one thing to use this in your own home but when you use it to promote a client you are putting yourself and the client at risk.

Garage band or logic is a great tool but you still need to know what you are doing. Try google on "Creative Commons". You'll find music there where the artist wants to to download and use it in your works.

Also you can hire a local band for not much. Or just some guitar player to play over top of some drum loops you made.

the "trick" to removing vocals works at best only about 70%. It depends on the fact that most vocals are mixed to the vioce is center stage, dead center between the two speakers in the stereo mix. What you do is flip the phase of one channel and add it to the other. You might need a better audio editor than GB to do that.

I understand your point, its not for profit or anything. Just youtube's and what not. Which i have just been going over with whatever is offered free for the day.. LOL.

Thanks for the link.. i will check it out for sure.

SpitzerCR
Jan 15, 2010, 04:20 PM
anyone use sonic producer?