PDA

View Full Version : Recording with PreSonus

Skibrett3211
Jan 15, 2010, 05:16 PM
Hey I have a PreSonus Fire-studio, and am having some trouble. Is there anyway to get it to record directly into garage band with separate channels, seeing as my church lost the software that came with it. I have a full drum set up with mics, a sm57 for amp, and a sm58 for vocals. What is the best way to get all of these into garage band and make it sound professional??

jackerin
Jan 15, 2010, 05:44 PM
What is the best way to get all of these into garage band
Select the Firestudio as your audio input in the GB preferences. Set up real audio tracks with sound input channels matching those on the Firestudio.
and make it sound professional??
Using iProduce (http://studio-central.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=45420) of course.

ChrisA
Jan 15, 2010, 05:49 PM
Hey I have a PreSonus Fire-studio, and am having some trouble. Is there anyway to get it to record directly into garage band with separate channels, seeing as my church lost the software that came with it. I have a full drum set up with mics, a sm57 for amp, and a sm58 for vocals. What is the best way to get all of these into garage band and make it sound professional??

So you've never recorded a full band live with eight mics before and you want it to sound professional?

Bad news. I doubt you can do it. Not right off. That level of recording is a skill that you have to work up to in small steps. There are a million problems with mic placment and the room itself and ever one requires experiance and knowing a little theory to solve.

But if you were to leave off the part about "sound professional" than it gets easier.

Start with soething easy like just one guitar or one vocal and build up in baby steps.

To get started plug in a couple mics and make a "real instrument" track for each them. Asign the inputs and click the round record button..

Get a book on "home recording".

Skibrett3211
Jan 17, 2010, 08:55 PM
okay thanks :)

and yes i know its not going to be easy, I'm actually going to school in the fall for recording engineering so I guess I will learn the rest there. In the mean time I just want to do some EP stuff and record some friends so thanks for your replies!

mesq
Jan 17, 2010, 09:44 PM
Ditch garage band and get Logic ;)

Skibrett3211
Jan 18, 2010, 08:55 AM
well when i go to school I will be using Reason and pro tools so for no I dont have $500 laying around after buy a $1200 laptop. So garage band is my only choice right now.

jackerin
Jan 21, 2010, 11:19 AM
the data on DVDs is all in digital, the video is in mpeg2 format, see the source for more info

DVDs do allow for multipul video, audio, and subtitle tracks.

DVDs producers almost never use more then one video track, but often have audio tracks for simple stereo, 5.1 and whatever else.
Responded to wrong thread? The question wasn't at all about DVDs...

Oh, and you can put links to your homepage in your signature. http://forums.macrumors.com/profile.php?do=editsignature