PDA

View Full Version : looking for MacBook(Pro) to record guitar/keyboard and arrange it via Logic

Pad18
Jan 16, 2010, 08:28 PM
Hello. My PC videocard just decided it was going to die last week. I've had a spark of interest in recording music for quit sometime and always wanted a mac to record on, or learn. But i shall be buying a mac sometime next week and was curious what would be best for recording. My budget is $1500 MAX. Should i go with a fully loaded Macbook or a bare bones Macbook Pro?

see the problem is I'm not aware what all the jargon means. I'm 20 and don't have a great job. I got this opportunity to get a mac and logic pro and I wanna be smart about it. I have a epiphobe Les Paul and a set of guitar playing skills begging to get recorded. I need to purchase wisely. So I need the cheapest/best possible way to get my guitar playing on a notebook (and some keyboard playing but I assume it's much easier to record keys then guitar).
I'd appreciate it if you can be as elaborate as possible.

ChrisA
Jan 16, 2010, 09:25 PM
If you are looking to save money. Then why Logic Pro? Garage Band will get you started and will do find for your needs. Later if you decide you need Logic then upgrade. Logic will directly open GB projects so there is nothing to loose.

The cheapest way to record guitar is to just plug it into the mic input using a 1/4 to 3.5mm cable. Any current Mac is good enough for this but you will find you want a large screen

Never buy a "fully load" computer from Apple. Apple charges to much fo rthe RAM and larger disk. Upgrade these yourself later. Just get the MBP and them take small steps from there, start with garage band