PDA

View Full Version : I want my ipod to be happy.

hmbldtgrl
Aug 18, 2004, 12:15 PM
Hi diddly-ho neighbors- Alright- I have had PCs until recently and switched over to Macs. I now have 3 macs! Geez, I am crazy! Well, my ipod wants music and I want to make my new ipod happy so where is the best place that isn't expensive to download music for a mac user? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks a bunch.

iLikeMyiMac
Aug 18, 2004, 12:53 PM
Well I'm sure you've tried iTMS but you think its too expensive. Thats pretty much your only option to download music for the mac.

hmbldtgrl
Aug 18, 2004, 01:16 PM
I did try it. I was just wondering if there was anything cheaper. I'm a bargin hunter at heart what can I say. If someone is getting it cheaper I'm there. Ya know what I mean. Thanks for your reply.

hesitaliandad
Aug 18, 2004, 02:12 PM
there are always the Russian mp3 sites, but i am not 100% sure on their legality. allofmp3 comes to mind. got any friends with a lot of cd's? you can do it that way too.

iLikeMyiMac
Aug 18, 2004, 02:18 PM
There are some sites that let you download music. You could try the further network link (http://mp3.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?zi=1/XJ&sdn=mp3&zu=http%3A%2F%2Ffurthurnet.com) .Quote from site, "The Furthur Network is the first and only 100% non-commercial, open-source, peer-to-peer network of legal live music created by fans for fans!" I haven't tried it yet but I'm going to now.
allofmp3.com is temporally not accepting PayPal so unless you want to give your credit card info to a russian site I'd give it a week or two

hmbldtgrl
Aug 20, 2004, 01:53 PM
very helpful. thanks a lot for the info

Littleodie914
Aug 23, 2004, 10:11 AM
Aquisition for Mac OS X is also a very stable, very efficient and easy to use P2P program. I use it to preview songs before I actually buy them on iTMS... ;) Good luck!

nfocus design
Aug 23, 2004, 04:22 PM
You may find other download sources for less, but I think iTMS is by far the best. For me, it's the only way to go :)

hmbldtgrl
Aug 23, 2004, 04:30 PM
thank you everyone. so helpful. I love mac people! * hugz all around*

iLikeMyiMac
Aug 23, 2004, 05:49 PM
Aquisition for Mac OS X is also a very stable, very efficient and easy to use P2P program. I use it to preview songs before I actually buy them on iTMS... ;) Good luck!
I ususally find that the 30 sec preview is enough for me to decide if I want it or not except for the songs where the preview is just the first 30 sec of the song where most of it is an intro and not a clip from the middle.