Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jon08

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 14, 2008
Since Apple is releasing new Bootcamp drivers sometimes within the next couple of months, should I wait for it, and only install Win 7 in Bootcamp then? Or will it be pretty much the same if I install it now, and simply update Bootcamp when the time comes?

What I mean is, could the current drivers have any adverse effect on the installation of Windows 7? If so I would rather not install now.

But if not, I might as well install it now and just update the Bootcamp drivers once Apple releases them - will it be the same?

CylonGlitch

macrumors 68030
Jul 7, 2009
Nashville
There are a billion threads about this on this site. Just install now, most things work fine. Update video drivers, and don't worry about it until Apple releases the new drivers.

DonCarlos

macrumors regular
Dec 14, 2009
Las Vegas
Ditto. Install your windows 7. God knows when Apple will ever release an update.

I have had no problems.

You may need to tweek the connection for wireless mighty mouse keyboard and mouse, but it is an easy fix. If you need to, here is a possible solution that worked for me.

Follow this while you are in Windows after you have completed the install:

1) Switch off the device you want to pair
2) Select "add a device" in the Bluetooth menu
3) Switch on the device (after few second it should get detected by windows)
4) Now, right click on the device and select properties. You should now get a window with the different services.
5) select the HID drivers for keyboard and mice and click OK (this is the important part)
6a) In windows 7 it should setup mouse and keyboard without any additional input

I found this at posted by S_ Eye at http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2057008&start=0&tstart=0

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.