Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yomango

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 4, 2009
New york city
I need help please ,

Did you know that your IP Address and Default Gateway are changing as soon you are installing Windows 7 ???
I found out the hard way . I just got a new Dell Printer V715w Ink jet . I have 3 computers in the house. ( 2 Desktops PC and one laptop MBP ) The Dell Printer works only with Windows. So I did install Windows 7 on my MacBookPro , so I thought the problem will be solve.... I was wrong !!! In order for the printer to work wireless for the 3 computers ...the IP Address and Default Gateway has the be the same ( so the printer will be recognized in the same Network ) .Unfortunately , Windows 7 change the configurations , I don't know why( the IP address and Default Gateway are not the same than the two other computers ). But on the Mac side , the IP address and Default Gateway remains the same .But unfortunately the software doesn't work with Mac .

Any solutions from Microsoft or Apple ???? Does anyone experience the same problem??

Thanks you for reading my Thread ,

Yomango .:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.