PDA

View Full Version : What do you want to see in Logic 10?

juliancs
Jan 19, 2010, 05:43 AM
Let's hear your wishes.

I want:

1. Improved 64-bit support
2. An overhaul of audio editing
3. Major improvements to the 'Score' section, bringing it inline with Sibelius.

zachplaysguitar
Jan 23, 2010, 03:18 PM
I'd like a lot more freedom within ultrabeat. For example the ability to create patterns of length 64 or possibly any customizable length. I'd also like to see an easier way to create more intricate timing without editing and adding in notes manually.

dLight
Jan 23, 2010, 04:46 PM
This:

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/music-computers/448468-logic-10-what-do-you-want.html

:-)

drumsrok94
Sep 1, 2010, 09:11 PM
I want

1. Completely redesigned and improved amp designer with good high gain and lots of amps like engls, more marshalls, and more mesa boogies as well as better pedals.

2. More extensive sample library for ultrabeat

3. Sampled drum software instrument similar to SSD or SD2 (except better because apple has the means)

4. Vinyl scratch instrument or preset in esx24

5. New synthesizers, i wouldnt mind seeing a minimoog impersonator

6. no more "system overload" error

7. more consistant and actually useful updates that add new features as well as improving old ones.

8. More master track presets as well as more presets for plugins and instruments in general to minimize time wasted tweaking

Thats all I can think of for now. The only really good improvements in 9 was 64 bit mode and flex time. Amp designer and Pedalboard suck and I felt like they could have added a lot more. No disrespect to apple because Logic is easily the best DAW but 9 still left a lot to be desired. I want Logic 10 to have plugins and software instruments that make it so that one doesnt have to go out and spend more money on getting ones that suit their purposes

musio
Sep 5, 2010, 04:13 PM
-a melodyne-esq feature to edit vocals in time and pitch

-a quicker way of getting to my pluggins without holding down a mouse button and navigating/scrolling a zillion menus

-an easier way to snap audio regions and MIDI data to a quantise grid as it's always a pain in the ass/hit and miss with me (maybe it's me but cubase works fine to the bar!)

isn't logic 10 due to come out soon? Any rumours from beta testers?

Kazuss
Oct 17, 2010, 12:37 PM
A Melodyne style pitch editor.

Whether a piece of the program, or a complex plug-in is fine with me.
But we need a good pitch editor, that is the one thing Logic lacks.

Come on Apple! Bring the fire to the people, like you usually do!

I can't wait to see if they incorperate this.

If it was somewhat similar to flex time, only for pitch, that would be awesome!

The second thing is to make a reset button for every individual file, which will restore the file in-tact, as originally recorded. It is easy to make a mistake with Flex time, or pitch editing tools and destroy a file.

A convenient and simple right click -restore on individual cuts or files would be awesome!

Some new great updated plug-ins would be sweet too!

Pull through logic!

seisend
Oct 18, 2010, 03:11 AM
I want

1. Completely redesigned and improved amp designer with good high gain and lots of amps like engls, more marshalls, and more mesa boogies as well as better pedals.

3. Sampled drum software instrument similar to SSD or SD2 (except better because apple has the means)

7. more consistant and actually useful updates that add new features as well as improving old ones.

8. More master track presets as well as more presets for plugins and instruments in general to minimize time wasted tweaking

Thats all I can think of for now. The only really good improvements in 9 was 64 bit mode and flex time. Amp designer and Pedalboard suck and I felt like they could have added a lot more. No disrespect to apple because Logic is easily the best DAW but 9 still left a lot to be desired. I want Logic 10 to have plugins and software instruments that make it so that one doesnt have to go out and spend more money on getting ones that suit their purposes

In my opinion new Amps and Pedals in Logic 9 kick ass. I love the sound and how you can tweak them! I love the presets. There are much more presets than in GTR3 by Waves and Guitar Rig 4
If you have too much "system overloads" messages, you should change something in your settings or buy yourself a better machine. I rather like the message than click and pops. And yes, Flex-Time rocks !
I'm happy with my Logic 9.
I think the 64-bit Bridge Modus to 32bit could be handled better.. I don't want to click into the 32-bit Bridge Window to actually open my external Synths and Plug-ins. Why should that be good?
An Editor like melodyne would be amazing !

Leddy
Oct 20, 2010, 07:12 AM
I'd like a user interface that doesn't suck. I mean how many windows do I need in the one application and how many times do functions need to be duplicated in the UI?

Seriously, that's all I'd like from Logic Pro 10.

Cheers.

jczaja
Oct 20, 2010, 09:06 AM
All I want from Logic 10 is for there to be no truth to this whatsoever!

http://www.gearjunkies.com/news_info.php?news_id=5646

:eek:

I personally doubt it, but...

-j

Melodyne style pitch editing would be awesome as well as improving flex time a bit..

Leddy
Oct 21, 2010, 04:06 PM
All I want from Logic 10 is for there to be no truth to this whatsoever!

http://www.gearjunkies.com/news_info.php?news_id=5646

That's right, Apple is abandoning Pro-Users(!) First Final Cut Pro, then Logic ...

Run! Run for the hills!

There's a lot of FUD out there.

seisend
Oct 22, 2010, 03:54 AM
I'd like a user interface that doesn't suck. I mean how many windows do I need in the one application and how many times do functions need to be duplicated in the UI?

Seriously, that's all I'd like from Logic Pro 10.

Cheers.

what the heck. The Logic interface is absolutely the best on the market and super transparent. You can use Garageband if you don't want to have a tons of windows open. (!?)

Leddy
Oct 22, 2010, 11:39 PM
what the heck. The Logic interface is absolutely the best on the market and super transparent. You can use Garageband if you don't want to have a tons of windows open. (!?)

We disagree. To me the Logic UI is not elegant or refined in the way a Pro App should be. There is duplication all over the UI that could be refined. ie. There is a Menu Bar within the Application that duplicates the Menu Bar in some part, not to mention multiple View, Edit etc. menus that could be refined and streamlined.

I'm not pushing for a dumbed down interface, just something that doesn't look or function like a bunch of developers got together and made an interface by committee.

Cheers.

musio
Oct 23, 2010, 04:00 AM
I'd like to see a garangeband pro. Interface is more streamlined and 'apple'. Logic needs a real rewrite.

I find myself using GarageBand in surprising situations and it works ok.

myca
Oct 24, 2010, 09:11 AM
I'd like to see a garangeband pro. Interface is more streamlined and 'apple'. Logic needs a real rewrite.

I find myself using GarageBand in surprising situations and it works ok.

No, hell no.

We don't need a GarageBand Pro, there's no real market for it. Let the average user have GarageBand that's fun and easy to use, and let the "Pro" users stick with their complex tools, and hope that Apple continues to find ways to streamline the way we use these tools, whether that's by improved UI, or improved features I don't care.

It's always worth mentioning that alot of the technologies that the iLife apps get are at first features in the Pro apps, and this would seem to make sense, as the development costs should be made up by the buying customers of the Pro apps, and then with feedback it can be implemented into the consumer based apps with little additional costs, and with better ease of use.

seisend
Oct 25, 2010, 03:42 AM
We disagree. To me the Logic UI is not elegant or refined in the way a Pro App should be. There is duplication all over the UI that could be refined. ie. There is a Menu Bar within the Application that duplicates the Menu Bar in some part, not to mention multiple View, Edit etc. menus that could be refined and streamlined.

I'm not pushing for a dumbed down interface, just something that doesn't look or function like a bunch of developers got together and made an interface by committee.

Cheers.

I know what you mean. And you mean the shortcut symbols on top of the Arrangement window. And these are dublicated sometimes. But you can remove them all and you just see your arrangement and channelstrips with menu browser. There are different menus dublicated too, but I really like this way so I can choose different ways to make my action. I just can't imagine how this could be a bad UI. it looks so clean to me. I want to see as much of my arrangement as I can, and I don't remember another sequencer with more space for my arrangement.
Maybe there is a way to make everything even cleaner, who knows. Apple knows.

djbarona
Dec 17, 2010, 08:03 PM
Still in comparison with Pro Tools .pro tools is still by far cleaner than logic. and not to down it I love working in Logic but something happens when you mount tracks on Logic and the end result does not seem to be as clean as that of Pro Tools. So I hope Apple addresses Core Audio in their next upgrade. It has not been updated since ver 5. Also on my wish list is the panning feature on the mixer it should be geared somewhat like pro tools so you can do hard pans and squash your kick without a problem. The current pan features on Logic suck ! Not asking for a lot so hope they include these changes in 10.

igranger
Dec 21, 2010, 06:22 PM
My feature requests are the full notation entry system from Score Editors, Music XML import, and an EXS 24 revision.

maisey
Dec 28, 2010, 04:25 PM
Something which would be interesting to see happening would be an integration of flex-time with the piano roll, creating an apple version of Melodyne! Just hit the piano roll on an audio channel and pitch edit audio using the piano roll interface!

However, simple bug and nuance fixes would be nice. Improvements in the import function (at the moment it doesn't bring in information like whether the tracks are muted/solo'd/hidden/frozen).

An annoying bug is that if you want export audio to picture then you have to be in 32bit mode! Incredibly annoying on large projects!

MDOTDASUPA
Jan 1, 2011, 05:30 PM
Here are a list of features i hope will be considered for logic 10:

1. A user interface overhaul
2. A massive core audio upgrade
3. A major improvement on audio & instrument editing features, especially for editing and creating custom drum sounds etc etc!!!
4. Far superior automation & panning features
5. Multiple mixer screen views and options especially waveform view in the metering aspect
6. Deeper range of color options to color code project/session data
7. More customizable options for the logic user interface like interface skins or ways of using custom gfx like logo's and custom color schemes to make ones logic user interface more unique!!!
8. More consistent and useful updates that add new features as well as improving older ones!!!

Btw, i have a good feeling they'll officially name the 10th edition of logic "logic x"!!!

scooterguitar
Jan 3, 2011, 06:02 PM
Is there is even speculation on as to when 10 might be released?

Conner36
Jan 6, 2011, 11:59 AM
music xml import and export!!! unless the score editor finally becomes full featured and user friendly enough to replace musescore.:cool:

musio
Jan 11, 2011, 11:49 AM
Is there is even speculation on as to when 10 might be released?

I read things on other forums that it could be this summer this year after the rumoured final cut update around may-ish.. I also read about lots of issues with the devs and apple. Logic is the last app left that looks the least 'apple' like and needs converting over from the Emagic days.

I'm hoping for melodyne-esq editor built in!

maisey
Jan 24, 2011, 10:50 AM
Being able to organise your own plug-ins would be nice too.

So you could create your own groups and sub-groups, not JUST by make (like logic) or type (like pro tools).

paolo-
Jan 24, 2011, 11:36 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

Ableton live - like way to assign parameters to contolers. I haven't found a way to do it yet.

PRPS
Jan 26, 2011, 07:33 PM
This:

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/music-computers/448468-logic-10-what-do-you-want.html

:-)

38 pages....sheesh

good find though

djwhiterabbit
Feb 2, 2011, 04:43 PM
Here are a list of features i hope will be considered for logic 10:

1. A user interface overhaul
2. A massive core audio upgrade
3. A major improvement on audio & instrument editing features, especially for editing and creating custom drum sounds etc etc!!!
4. Far superior automation & panning features
5. Multiple mixer screen views and options especially waveform view in the metering aspect
6. Deeper range of color options to color code project/session data
7. More customizable options for the logic user interface like interface skins or ways of using custom gfx like logo's and custom color schemes to make ones logic user interface more unique!!!
8. More consistent and useful updates that add new features as well as improving older ones!!!

Btw, i have a good feeling they'll officially name the 10th edition of logic "logic x"!!!

here are some examples and suggestions that would fill your list of features you are asking for that would refine and re-affirm Logic Pro as a professional audio application rather than the toy it is now or becoming garageband pro on steroids as it is now:

Scope Modular Glitch Drum Loop
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAXnjcjZRkM

Sonic Core Scope Modular Madness
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zbjXpxUlso&feature=related

The Scope Glitch Machine
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3cpvOJZsK8&feature=related

Scope Modular synthesizer pad tutorial
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jl8PFbT6iv0&feature=related

"scope FTW! i had it, then i sold it, guess what there is nothing new that is better."

Oddskool Creamware Scope Modular patch 2007
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03ZD2LOeLvM&feature=related

Soniccore Scope XITE-1 - First Mastering Test
(looks like Soniccore Scope XITE-1 is sequenced with Ableton Live one of the monitors in the video here...very cool technology)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZPNYeOmQgM

SonicCore Xite-1 at NAMM, January, 2009
http://vimeo.com/2951069

Sonic Core SCOPE XITE-1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4a6G8NxCMho&NR=1

djwhiterabbit
Feb 2, 2011, 05:04 PM
I want

as far as new a minimoog impersonator take a look at CREAMWARE Minimax ASB at this link. this needs to be available in Logic Pro:

"The CreamWare Minimax ASB is arguably the best Minimoog emulation available. Its sound is undeniably authentic, and the feel of its controls is closer to the original than any software-based virtual Minimoog."

http://emusician.com/elecinstruments/emusic_creamwareminimax_asb/

Minimoog vs. Minimax ASB on youtube
http://www.gearslutz.com/board/electronic-music-instruments-electronic-music-production/335247-minimoog-vs-minimax-asb-youtube.html

paolo-
Feb 4, 2011, 01:09 AM
as far as new a minimoog impersonator take a look at CREAMWARE Minimax ASB at this link. this needs to be available in Logic Pro:

"The CreamWare Minimax ASB is arguably the best Minimoog emulation available. Its sound is undeniably authentic, and the feel of its controls is closer to the original than any software-based virtual Minimoog."

http://emusician.com/elecinstruments/emusic_creamwareminimax_asb/

Minimoog vs. Minimax ASB on youtube
http://www.gearslutz.com/board/electronic-music-instruments-electronic-music-production/335247-minimoog-vs-minimax-asb-youtube.html
Isn't that thing a hardware synth? I don't really see what's the big advantage of it over a softsynth version. That thing is 900$ too, you're almost approaching the price of the real thing. Or actually, this http://www.moogmusic.com/littlephatty/?section=product&product_id=21398 is pretty close, all analog signal path too. 2osc and a true moog filter. 50$ cheaper too.

Closer to the OP's question, check the gforce minimonsta, love it.

maisey
Feb 13, 2011, 08:05 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

Ableton live - like way to assign parameters to contolers. I haven't found a way to do it yet.

CMD+L brings up the 'learn' window. That should give you what you're looking for!

Tokenboomer
Mar 8, 2011, 12:16 AM
1. A vastly improved arpediator

2. A help menu that shows you different ways to do the same thing

3. Some serious improvements in the EXS24 library and while they're at it the EXS24 could use an update. There's a reason I use Kontakt 4 most of the time.

4. Sculpture has a very unique sound but it's often very very bright. Needs a mellow switch or something.

5. More selection in the "Bass Amp" catagory.

6. A way of adding user-created channel strips to pre-existing logic folders from the menu itself.

Tsephanyah
Mar 8, 2011, 01:02 PM
I would like there to be continued and improved performance with Propellerhead software (Reason & Record).

elpenguino
Mar 9, 2011, 10:47 AM
-I personally love the waveform editing in ProTools and would like to see Logic gain some more sophisticated editing tools.

-Better TouchOSC compatibility

-Better video support, like Live or Protools

-Get rid of that damn "System Overload" error

-Max for Logic.

joenj07087
Mar 24, 2011, 06:16 PM
So far I just wish the Arpegiator was integrated into all Midi tracks and you can turn it on or off as you wish, instead of the gruesome way it is now were you have to create an environment and do all kinds of acrobatics..could be better.. everything else seems fine to me...well maybe the Vocoder implementation could be better too....!

josh2007
Mar 30, 2011, 07:15 AM
I just want a plain old drum machine with lots of pro kits. UB tries to do too much, and uses the budget GB stuff.

MowingDevil
Mar 30, 2011, 03:29 PM
I just want a plain old drum machine with lots of pro kits. UB tries to do too much, and uses the budget GB stuff.

I'd rather Apple focus on being a more professional solid product and make the experience better for the user and leave that specialized stuff for 3rd parties. Then you can choose the one that suits you best. Less bugs, slicker work environment and refine editing like they did w/ Flex Time.

I chose Addictive Drums but there's also Abbey Road, Superior Drummer, EZ Drummer, BFD, SSD, Ocean Park etc. Why bother putting resourses into competing w/ them?

#1 request = make the audio editing process as effective as ProTools.

dLight
Mar 31, 2011, 01:37 AM
#1 request = make the audio editing process as effective as ProTools.

Which changes, specifically, are you hoping to see?

MowingDevil
Mar 31, 2011, 12:33 PM
Logic seems in that same Emagic mode of handling audio that Cubase is, very "sequencer" like in that its seems focused around MIDI and then had audio added to it...and in all fairness has improved significantly over the years. However my experience w/ PT has always been that it was focused on audio first and only added MIDI to compete w/ the others (they had huge pressure on them from their user base apparently).

In PT you don't have to go into the sample editor whereas you can do all the same functions right there in the main work space via Audiosuite. Its just one less step and handles it better in my experience.

PT has superior automation imo, more refined control over it and again quicker access. This is a minor issue but its noticeable to me. Its been awhile since I've used PT (been on Logic) so perhaps I'm romanticizing it a bit but I recall liking the workflow better. Not slagging Logic just trying to be objective.

dLight
Mar 31, 2011, 11:11 PM
Logic seems in that same Emagic mode of handling audio that Cubase is, very "sequencer" like in that its seems focused around MIDI and then had audio added to it...and in all fairness has improved significantly over the years. However my experience w/ PT has always been that it was focused on audio first and only added MIDI to compete w/ the others (they had huge pressure on them from their user base apparently).
Except that the sample editing in PT happens in the Arrange window, and not in a separate sample editor (which some people prefer), I still wonder which specific things peopl think of when they say that audio editing is better in PT.

I don't think the fact that Emagic/C-Lab started out as a company making MIDI sequencers matters any more than the fact that Avid/Digidesign started out as a company making sound chips for drum machines.

And I'm not saying that audio editing in Logic can't be better - it's only that "audio editing in PT is better" has become some kind of cliche which sometimes are posted without any concrete examples. This makes me wonder if audio editing in PT actually is any better than it is in Logic after Logic 9 came out.

MowingDevil
Apr 1, 2011, 01:16 AM
Except that the sample editing in PT happens in the Arrange window, and not in a separate sample editor (which some people prefer), I still wonder which specific things peopl think of when they say that audio editing is better in PT.

I don't think the fact that Emagic/C-Lab started out as a company making MIDI sequencers matters any more than the fact that Avid/Digidesign started out as a company making sound chips for drum machines.

And I'm not saying that audio editing in Logic can't be better - it's only that "audio editing in PT is better" has become some kind of cliche which sometimes are posted without any concrete examples. This makes me wonder if audio editing in PT actually is any better than it is in Logic after Logic 9 came out.

Yes, by Audiosuite I was referring to the "arrange" window. I do think it matters that Logic/Cubase began as MIDI sequencers because thats *why* you end up in a "sample editor" window instead of doing the editing in the arrange window. If people prefer the separate window then all the power to them. For me I don't see the point and would rather work quicker while in the arrange work space.

I used to do all my MIDI in Cubase, port to Finale if I needed notation/score and all my audio in ProTools. MIDI was far superior in Cubase & audio in PT. I don't give a hoot what others say and I'm not jumping on any bandwagon. Its just my preference that I enjoyed the audio workflow more in PT (even a version from 10yrs ago) and still do (even though I don't use it presently). Logic has improved dramatically in the audio department, so much so that I don't feel the need to run 2 DAWs. Still doesn't mean there's not room for improvement although it is subjective. You'd think at this year Logic would be light years ahead of PT's older versions but its not. I have no idea how PT9 stacks up against Logic 9 but my friend has it so I'll check it out & compare. Perhaps if Logic was more a priority for Apple (or they could work better w/ the developers-still the Emagic crew believe it or not) then we'd have a more cutting edge program. As it is, its more a different choice than Cubase or ProTools but not necessarily leading the pack like Apple is in other areas. That said I switched over from both those programs to Logic so they're obviously doing something right. Bang for the buck its hard to beat.

deej999
Apr 1, 2011, 08:05 AM
but didnt you hear? the new Logic Studio has been announced here -

http://www.macprovideo.com/blog/macprovideo/world-exclusive-logic-revealed
:cool:

MowingDevil
Apr 1, 2011, 12:38 PM
Total nightmare...although sadly there is a grain of truth to that. There's more & more programs that auto-tune, provide completed drums/percussion/melody lines...even provide completed generic film scores at the touch of a single key. The elimination of the MacBook line so that everyone has a "Pro" machine, phasing out FireWire (although temporarily) in some machines & labelling entry level laptops (descended from the iBook line) as 'Pro'.

deej999
Apr 1, 2011, 03:56 PM
Total nightmare...although sadly there is a grain of truth to that. There's more & more programs that auto-tune, provide completed drums/percussion/melody lines...even provide completed generic film scores at the touch of a single key. The elimination of the MacBook line so that everyone has a "Pro" machine, phasing out FireWire (although temporarily) in some machines & labelling entry level laptops (descended from the iBook line) as 'Pro'.

did you watch to the end of the video? :confused:

MowingDevil
Apr 1, 2011, 05:46 PM
did you watch to the end of the video? :confused:

Yes I got it was a joke, thats why I said there's a "grain of truth to that"
I suppose I could have put a ;) after "total nightmare" as it was tongue in cheek.

MowingDevil
Apr 14, 2011, 12:56 PM
Here's something I'd like to see in v10, advancements in MIDI expression like Cubase is doing. This is VERY cool!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZm8c0kr1Io&feature=relmfu

charanga1
May 31, 2011, 08:16 PM
I want to see more editing options in the sample editor, where you can add effects from the existing library. For example, If I wanted to do a pitch correct on the fly, I can select that area and apply it, and have it automatically create a new file with the effected part. Or they can have that option outside of that in the "region" options. This will of course make it compete with cubase and pro tools.

I also want to see a melodyne style pitch editor ( stated in previous posts ).

I think that they can improve their piano sounds as well, maybe a sound modeling piano instrument, like pianoteq. That would be hot.

They should also improve ultra beat. Where the open hi-hat would sound more natural, kinda like EZdrummer. It doesn't cut off when pressed multiple times. It's interesting how FL Studio figured that out from the get go.

Speaking of which, they should add a drag n' drop beat slicer instrument, and have stutter effects like transfuser.

That's it for now.

eepyikes
Jun 25, 2011, 03:41 PM
1.)Reduction of number of tools in the interface

2.)Better and more intuitive setup of multitimbral software instruments (kontakt, etc)

3.)Less focus on cutesy effects and more on a lean, solid, FAST program...Logic is none of these right now. Reaper is. Cubase is. Protools is solid but not lean or fast!

4.)if you're wishing for a better score editor, notation is an entirely different ballgame. It is futile to put *proper* notation and sequencing into one program. For the haters/debaters: try imagining a program that can both sequence and notate a realistic non-robotic performance of, say, Rite of Spring. You'll spend a couple years getting the score and performance to mesh even if the tools were there. For starters, you'd need pitch tracking. For simpler projects in 4/4 and never doing anything more complicated than sixteenth notes, Logic already has what you need. Get Finale or Sibelius if you want to do real notation. It has taken those guys like 20 years to get where they are now (which is nowhere near perfect). Do you really want to wait for Logic to get it right?

5.)Clean up preferences, it's a ratsnest.

Liquorpuki
Jul 5, 2011, 09:57 AM
Looking at what Apple just did to FCPX, anybody think they're gonna do something similar to the next release of Logic?

After all, Logic and FCP are like brothers - both of them are Apple's flagship pro software, just in different markets.

Thoughts? Worries?

Chairman Plow
Jul 5, 2011, 12:49 PM
I'd like to see more attention paid to editing functions, and would like to have the ability to organize my plugins as I see fit. Sure, you can customize your channel strips, but not every session is "one size fits all".

nilsmusic
Jul 5, 2011, 04:20 PM
I registered for this forum and posted this message while I was freezing 1 track
It took 10 min to freeze 1 track on a 4 min song. It's slow as hell with external plug-ins. I know external plug-ins slow the process down, but why is it slower than real time? and Why can't Logic realize there is nothing else on this track , but insists of crawling along to the end of the song even if the track to be frozen is only a few bars long?
Also freezing or bouncing a track with no plug-ins goes slow if there other tracks with plug-ins, even if the track in question is soloed.

nilsmusic
Jul 5, 2011, 04:24 PM
Another one from my wish list is to be able to select multiple tracks ( i.e. all drum tracks) and move them up or down in the arrange window like in Pro Tools. IT makes it easier to organize your mix and /or he arrangement. As of now I have to grab one track at a time and push it to a new position.. a little tedious in big arrangements.

paolo-
Jul 5, 2011, 11:24 PM
Looking at what Apple just did to FCPX, anybody think they're gonna do something similar to the next release of Logic?

After all, Logic and FCP are like brothers - both of them are Apple's flagship pro software, just in different markets.

Thoughts? Worries?
I'm not sure. FCPX seems to have failed with the way the product was launched, not the actual product. It misses a lot of pro features and is probably very buggy. That's ok for a first version product to a certain extent, especially if they would have made it clear that it's not in it's final version. But I think the biggest fail is that FCP7 can't be purchased any more and there is no way to import projects from FCP7 to FCPX. So you can't buy a fully featured video editing software from Apple and if you have some stuff in FCP7 it's pretty much stuck there.

I think it kind of blew out of proportion and Apple is being an idiot not to bring back FCP7 for a transition period, especially the way the answer their FAQ on their website, it's obviously not ready for prime time.

But, the big reason for this is because FCP was rewritten completely from Carbon to Cocoa and with a new workflow.

I don't think Apple would be stupid enough to pull the same prank twice and I think we are much less likely to see an app that is completely new with Logic. Logic is already in Cocoa 64bit and I don't really see how they could completely change the workflow.

HoldernessMedia
Jul 6, 2011, 02:08 AM
Hmm... I don't use Logic nearly as often as Ableton Live, so I guess I that means I really just want Logic to be more like Ableton haha.

1.) Monophonic and polyphonic Melodyne style pitch editing
2.) Consolidation of menus a bit (a bit less cluttered/redundant)
3.) Session view/clip recording
4.) Option to "Export Project to iOS", so projects can move both ways between iPad and Mac. (Already can do Garageband for iPad to Logic, it would be nice to go back to iPad as well)

ChrisA
Jul 6, 2011, 12:54 PM
Let's hear your wishes.

1) Better quality sampled instruments, especially the grand pianos. The current ones are not great at all.

2) They need to spend the bucks to by license to use the real names of the amps and pedals in the guitar amp/effects models. Just call a Fender a Fender. Improve the quality there too.

3) Music XML needs to be sported

4) Apple needs to have the best pitch editor. With all the cash they have they could buy one.

5) Good support for the iPad. It should be usable as a general purpose control surface

jrocks4jc
Jul 7, 2011, 06:19 PM
i want :

* to be able to run 32 bit plugins in 64 bit mode with out the 32 bit bridge
(worst idea ever by the way)

* when i open a project file, for logic to not look through libraries of files to find whats in the session. Just to Know exactly where all the files already are.

* a full Uninstall option so incase i have to re install logic i don't have to look through my whole computer and delete little files all over the place.

* a full Feature to perfectly edit LIVE drums. Flex Time is ok, screws up cymbals sometimes while editing.

* Better Guitar and Bass amps. (Look Into Splawn amplification for some heavy distorted sounds )

* NO MORE LOGIC CRASHES!!!

MRNelson
Jul 18, 2011, 12:27 AM
Chord recognition and styles like Yamaha arranger keyboards.

ffrika
Jul 23, 2011, 01:49 PM
Cubase style like MIDI editor...

invert phase button for each channel

musio
Jul 25, 2011, 05:34 AM
A release date so i can upgrade to lion....

Mirrors
Jul 25, 2011, 03:06 PM
Support for Lion >.>

flipnotik
Jul 26, 2011, 04:15 AM
Like a lot of others have been saying:

Ipad integration would be nifty
Updated exs24
More Fluid GUI
Definitely a fade tool for multiple selected tracks
Overhaul on pitch correction

Just minor things for me...for now. (until they fix the swarm of bugs in 9)

seisend
Jul 26, 2011, 04:43 AM
I agree with most of the points some people wrote above.

For myself, I'd love to see a new Logic. But I also have to say that I have almost NO Logic crashes and it's just great working with it.. I think the last crash I experienced like 5 Months ago, I can't tell but I'm working with Logic everyday. 32bit Bridge crashes sometimes but it can be relaunched immediately.

I don't know why the hell they made a 32bit Bridge "empty window" which you actually have to click inside to open the actual plugin. This is pissing me off about the current 32bit Bridge.

I'd like to see a better organisation of 3rd party plugins. Not sorted by manufacturer.

I wouldn't be surprised if the new Logic would look like Garageband which I don't have a problem with as long there are all Settings and functions remained.

I hope they learned this from the FCP X release. The FCPX will be a great software in future, too. I'm sure of that, but 1.0 Version is a BIG - F A I L.

I'm curious.

exoterrier
Oct 25, 2011, 12:15 PM
i think it would be cool if one could chose different kind of mixers,yust like the virtual guitaramps... like a neve,audient or an ssl complete (ofcourse) with the emulated sound

derrickshorter
Nov 10, 2011, 02:14 PM
me personally id like to see the clip gain so you can cut a loud vocal and lower the level of that independently instead of the whole track and maybe the heat plugin that protools got its a great plugin i run pro tools and logic but i think logic is way BETTER but some new features would help it out a hell of a lot more :)