Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jedi5

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 16, 2009
North Burbs, IL
Odd question, isn't it?:)

Looking for a navigation app but for the little driving that I do, I don't need all the bells and whistles that many of the "top tier" nav apps have.

I have MotionX which gets the job done. Gets me from A to B no problem.
While I really like this app, not crazy about the yearly fee for voice directions. Plus the free 30 day promo for voice directions ended and I hate having to keep looking at my iPhone for the next turn.

So, is there a decent/good nav app that doesn't charge yearly for voice commands that someone can suggest?

I was leaning toward Navigon when it was on sale ($50-60?) a while back but if there is a good $20-30 one, I'd check those out first.

Thoughts?

aluren

macrumors 65816
Sep 9, 2008
I haven't used any of the other navigation apps, but I think Navigon is a good bet. I never thought I would need a GPS app that often either, but with the live traffic updates, I actually use it everyday driving to and from work. It guides me through traffic pretty well.

Mac'nCheese

Suspended
Feb 9, 2010
Odd question, isn't it?:)

Looking for a navigation app but for the little driving that I do, I don't need all the bells and whistles that many of the "top tier" nav apps have.

I have MotionX which gets the job done. Gets me from A to B no problem.
While I really like this app, not crazy about the yearly fee for voice directions. Plus the free 30 day promo for voice directions ended and I hate having to keep looking at my iPhone for the next turn.

So, is there a decent/good nav app that doesn't charge yearly for voice commands that someone can suggest?

I was leaning toward Navigon when it was on sale ($50-60?) a while back but if there is a good $20-30 one, I'd check those out first.

Thoughts?

If you didn't buy one yet, I was just told about :
MostionX GPS Drive. Its only a buck!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.