Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rekleiner

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 20, 2010
I've tried everything.
In no particular order:

Reset Network Settings.
Reboot (many times).
Reset All Settings.
Turn Wi-Fi off and on (you don't even wanna know how many times).
Renew Lease.
Forget this Network.
Unplug AND reset the wireless router and cable modem.

Can someone please help me? My MacBook works just fine, (I'm using it to post this :p) But my iPod for the life of me won't connect.

Any help would be appreciated. I can see my network in the list, and I can click it. A checkmark will not show up unless I click back then click WiFi again. I do not see a WiFi signal strength icon at the top right. It has always worked in the past, but last night it started going on and off, with a really weak signal. This morning? Nothing.

Please help, and thanks in advance. :(:(:confused::(

rekleiner

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 20, 2010
Btw...

Btw I when I go to Safari I get invalid argument, Mail cannot connect to gmail server, App Store not connected to a network.... you get the point. Also the check mark stays in the WiFi page (but still no icon at the top right).

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.
Ok... but if it was how would it still see the list of networks?

I had the same problem, that's why, with a refurb. It sees the network, but then disconnects. Took it to Apple and they replaced it.

There's a test you can do. Put it in a freezer inside two ziplock bags for 10 minutes. If the wifi then works for a few minutes and then disconnects, it's due to something overheating causing the wifi to disconnect.

rekleiner

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 20, 2010
I had the same problem, that's why, with a refurb. It sees the network, but then disconnects. Took it to Apple and they replaced it.

There's a test you can do. Put it in a freezer inside two ziplock bags for 10 minutes. If the wifi then works for a few minutes and then disconnects, it's due to something overheating causing the wifi to disconnect.

Hmm... Interesting. Mine wasn't a refurb, but I guess it is possible.
One quick question about the test... Should I turn it off? Will it croak if I leave it on sleep while it's in the freezer? I tried to find operating temps for it but didnt see any on Apple's tech specs.

Thx for your help so far.

Darth Maynard

macrumors member
Jan 26, 2007
i don't know if you've tried this but I had a hell of a time getting my 3G touch to work with my network. I went into system pref>sharing and turned the internet sharing on (devices using airport) and all was well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.