Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Counterfit

macrumors G3
Aug 20, 2003
sitting on your shoulder
stoid said:
Reminds me of the PowerBook 5300! Ka-blewy!! :rolleyes:
Or, in the words of David Hobbs "Kablammo!"™

anyways, it doesn't apply to me as I bought my PB before the defective batteries were manufactured.
Batteries with the affected serial numbers contain cells that were manufactured by LG Chem, Ltd. of South Korea during the last week of December 2003 only.

Powerbook G5

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2003
St Augustine, FL
Is it sad that I am too lazy to lift my PowerBook and take out the battery to find out? I have a second battery somewhere in my closet, too. It just seems like too much work to figure out if I am going to be stuck without being completely wireless for however long it could take Apple to replace mine if they happen to be a part of the defective batch.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
My wife purchased her 15" PowerBook in October 2003. From what I read she is OK. It's the PB that is purchased between January and August 2004 that will need the replacement.

stoid

macrumors 601
Powerbook G5 said:
Is it sad that I am too lazy to lift my PowerBook and take out the battery to find out? I have a second battery somewhere in my closet, too. It just seems like too much work to figure out if I am going to be stuck without being completely wireless for however long it could take Apple to replace mine if they happen to be a part of the defective batch.

From what I've read Apple sends you new batteries with a request that you use packaging they send you to ship yours back free of charge. You'll never be going without!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.