Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kappsdev

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 20, 2010
Just got my 3rd app approved! Let me know what you think. :)

A Text 2 Speech Caller is an entertaining and useful new app that allows you to call your friends, family, and coworkers and deliver a message using high tech Text-to-Speech technology. The application is a breeze to use: simply enter the recipient’s phone number and your message.* As soon as you hit call a request is sent to the A Text 2 Speech Caller servers which place a call on your behalf to the recipient.* When they pick up they are greeted with a high tech speech synthesized version of your message. This isn't your standard 1980s computer voice either. You will be amazed at the quality of the speech. The calls will even show your phone number on their Caller ID!

Uses
:
  • Deliver messages to land lines without disturbing others
  • Joke with your coworkers and friends

• Tell people things when you just can't get the words out

To Get Started:
  • Download A Text 2 Speech Caller via iTunes or the App Store
  • Verify your phone number when prompted
  • Start sending Text 2 Speech calls to your friends!

Free download with three calls included:
Download

ss3.png

3GEE

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2009
This looks really interesting. Would it be possible to incorporate a group call all with the same text message? What I mean is, can it phone multiple numbers all at the same time with the same message?

If so, this would have amazing business applications. This would be perfect for say an emergency response application or when wanting to get out an urgent message to many people instantaneous. Never mind jokes to friends, this could sell millions in the business world if you make it do multiple calls at once, the more numbers at once, the better.

kappsdev

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 20, 2010
3GEE - I could definitely make that a feature in a future version...although it might be better to make that a new app and market it differently. Thanks for the idea!

lemonademaker - Thanks! And hope things are well in Metro Detroit. I moved down here to Austin from Oakland County about a year and a half ago. Will be back out there in March.

3GEE

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2009
Kapps, further to the idea of a mass text to speech application, I pitched this idea at a meeting I was at today, it was well received. Drop me a pm if you get the chance, I'd love to help you get this idea going.
Don

kappsdev

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 20, 2010
Kapps, further to the idea of a mass text to speech application, I pitched this idea at a meeting I was at today, it was well received. Drop me a pm if you get the chance, I'd love to help you get this idea going.
Don

Hey, sorry wasn't subscribed to my own thread and just got back to it. PM'ing you now!

kappsdev

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 20, 2010
Ok, looks like I don't have PM privileges yet, but please shoot me an e-mail: info [at] kappsdev.com

Thanks,
Kevin

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.