PDA

View Full Version : This makes me wanna cry...

thewireman
Jan 21, 2010, 12:03 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/Apple-Macbook-Air-Laptop_W0QQitemZ110483255285QQcmdZViewItemQQptZApple_Laptops?hash=item19b950aff5#ht_500wt_1182

Tricking poor buyers.... Could you report this scam to eBay?

macuserx86
Jan 21, 2010, 12:24 AM
That's such a good deal! Thanks OP, I'm going to get one now! :cool:

ZachsMacDaddy
Jan 21, 2010, 12:32 AM
I just reported it. It's fraud to specifically say you're selling an Apple Macbook Air when you're selling an MSI windows system.

pvmacguy
Jan 21, 2010, 08:37 AM
You would be surprised at how often these come up. I have seen dump people bid them up all the way to $800 or so!! :eek: Any time I come across them I report them.

Honestly though, when you are bidding on items check the facts the seller puts on there. If you are looking for a macbook air, you know the screen isnt 12.1" and you should know that it isnt white or I have also seen dark blue. :rolleyes: And any time it says windows xp as the os then that should be a dead give away lol!

Foreign Feeling
Jan 21, 2010, 01:34 PM
technically what they are listing it down is fraud but take a look at this

knockoffs (http://www.cultofmac.com/china-unleashes-plastic-unibody-macbook-air-knock-offs-with-netbook-specs-and-glowing-apple-logos/27108)

techound1
Jan 21, 2010, 01:35 PM
You would be surprised at how often these come up. I have seen dump people bid them up all the way to $800 or so!! :eek: Any time I come across them I report them.

Aren't people reporting them after they get them too? You'd think paypal would get tired of it... But then I see the seller on that one has a feedback of 0, so who knows....

fleabay is turning into such a rat hole, sadly.

nj-mac-user
Jan 21, 2010, 07:55 PM
If anyone is actually silly enough to buy it AND buy it from a seller with zero feedback... it's kind of hard to feel sorry for them. He doesn't even bother to use a photo without someone else's username on it.

partyBoy
Jan 21, 2010, 08:00 PM
eBay------------------->bad
Amazon--------------->good
enough said.