PDA

View Full Version : help with Reason 4 on 27" iMac

djrawson
Jan 21, 2010, 03:59 AM
Hi everyone,
my name is rawson and this is my first post on here!
My new iMac 27" arrived yesterday,and what a great computer it is!
However I have a problem :(
I was using pc before and was using reason 4.0 to make beats etc.
I installed reason on my iMac and everything seems to be working fine,however the rack,and pretty much everything on reason is so so small and I can barely make out anything on there,is is like this for all u other iMac + reason users!? Surely it can't be!!??
Or have I installed the pc version? Cause I used the same cd that I installed reason before on my pc,wasn't sure if it was compatible,but when I put it in my iMac it said to drag the folder over to install etc and everything went smoothly untill I opened the program and everything is just ridiculously small!
Hope someone can help!
Thanks in advance,
peace

c-Row
Jan 21, 2010, 04:20 AM
Hi rawson

I got a 27" iMac with Reason 4 as well, and the problem is probably that Reason's user interface isn't scaled up but fixed in its size, so a NN19 that is 400 pixels wide looks alot smaller on a higher resolution. Your best option would be changing your Mac's resolution.

djrawson
Jan 21, 2010, 05:44 AM
Thanks for the reply c row.
So is that what you do then? What resolution do you have with your reason 4?
And also do you know how I can make a safari page go full screen?
As I see a vid on the net and the guy managed to do it with some gesture on the magic mouse,however I can't seem to do it.
Thanks,

Luap
Jan 21, 2010, 10:33 AM
The UI is the same size on a Mac or a PC. So I can't imagine it is drastically different from what you are used to? The only noticeably difference would come about from the iMacs increased resolution.
I'd have thought you'd get used to it.. And.. Incase you didn't know you can detach the sequencer window in Reason, and make that any size you like.

As I see a vid on the net and the guy managed to do it with some gesture on the magic mouse,however I can't seem to do it.
Thanks,

Im not sure if you are talking about Reason or Safari now. But generally..
I don't use a Magic mouse, but I expect this is the same.. On my Mac if I press and hold the command button while scrolling up or down on the mouse, the entire screen zooms in or out around the location of the mouse pointer.

c-Row
Jan 21, 2010, 04:42 PM
Thanks for the reply c row.
So is that what you do then? What resolution do you have with your reason 4?

I'm at 2560x1440, highest resolution the iMac does. I got no problem fine-tuning those knobs. I've attached a screenshot for you to compare.