Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kjmorris2023

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 21, 2010
I am at a loss to explain why I have two new shared computers or servers on my shared network at home. I have an Imac as well as a two laptops and my son's Windows computer. The two showing up are none of these. My network is passwork protected. I have a Airport Extreme with WPA2 personal. I also have a guest network setup albeit with an easier password. I also have file sharing, itunes sharing, and even screen sharing between my computers. If I try to connect to the one named brne16a51 it says unable to connect. The other one (kenneth-wsl8gcw) asks for a registered user (providing name and password) or connecting as a guest.

Please help.

Ken Morris

scradeley

macrumors newbie
Feb 26, 2009
Do you have a printer with a network interface, or any other network devices, wired or wireless???

kjmorris2023

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 21, 2010
Shared computers on Finder unknown

Yes one could be my iphone. It has my name kenneth in the name. My wife's says her phone is off wireless now, but brne16a51 I guess it could be her work phone possibly.

kjmorris2023

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 21, 2010
Shared computers on Finder unknown

I also have a brother's printer MFC 9440CN laser which is off the router. brne16a51 could be that printer too eh?

milk242

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2007
Most likely that brne is the printer. I have a brothers printer too, but I changed the name in the web interface.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.