PDA

View Full Version : New MacBook Air ...

gerabbi
Jan 21, 2010, 05:05 PM
http://micgadget.com/1289/macbook-air-knockoff-with-glowing-apple-logo/

thegoldenmackid
Jan 21, 2010, 05:06 PM
I like the modified Apple logo. Not the color, but the stem.

Paul B
Jan 21, 2010, 05:49 PM
I'll be honest and admit it looks pretty good. I'd be curious to see the dimensions/weight.

nj-mac-user
Jan 21, 2010, 07:42 PM
Man if there's one thing China is good at it's knockoffs. It looks thicker than a MBA and the specs suck just like every other Netbook, but that price sure is attractive :D

hackum
Jan 21, 2010, 09:32 PM
Not bad for the price I must say ...

coast1ja
Jan 21, 2010, 09:43 PM
I bet the entire unit is bigger... look at the screen bezel... if that is really a 13.3" screen, then the thing must have the footprint of a 15"!

Scottsdale
Jan 21, 2010, 10:54 PM
Looks more like the next MacBook to me...

pukifloyd
Jan 22, 2010, 12:10 AM
just $249 will all those ports?!:eek:

damn!
sweet deal!

NeuralControl
Jan 22, 2010, 05:54 PM
That's a really nice knock off.

fun173
Jan 22, 2010, 08:53 PM
Does anyone know where i can purchase fakes like this from a legit place without going to China?

jimboutilier
Jan 22, 2010, 09:53 PM
Does anyone know where i can purchase fakes like this from a legit place without going to China?

Not sure about fakes but if you want the leading edge of ultra portable PC's check out:

http://www.dynamism.com/#home

They've been importing the best from Japan for many years now. Oddly a lot of stuff we never seem to see over here.

Scottsdale
Jan 22, 2010, 10:48 PM
I don't understand the point of "fakes" as it seems obvious to most they're not buying the real thing. I guess people do it to look cool? Like a fake Rolex watch or fake Coach purse.

I would rather the company come up with a logo and name and go with it. When competing on cheap, just be really good and inexpensive. Then, there would be no problem importing it to the U.S., or other countries.

I don't know about anyone else, but I could see myself buying something like this, minus the fake Apple logo, and leaving it in the trunk of my car in case I ever forget my computer, or unexpectedly need a computer and don't have my MBA with me. There are other times when I just don't feel safe taking my MBA someplace, again this cheap alternative could do the job.

Although... I think I would prefer the new LG x300 as a miniaturized PC notebook.

Alvi
Feb 2, 2010, 10:04 AM
I don't like any other color than white for that logo on the back of a MacBook