Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TyleRomeo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 22, 2002
New York
hey guys do you have any suggestions/opinions/links about any comfortable 2 button mice with scroll wheels. I just want a simple 2-button mouse and not one of those 5 button programable mices. I'm looking for one that doesnt use a track ball and looks good next to a G4 quicksilver tower.

Im not sure when apple will release their own version but I can't wait forever. I know a few months ago someone had a link to a clear and blue mix optical mouse that looked pretty damn good.

SilvorX

macrumors 68000
May 24, 2002
'Toba, Canada
M$ Wheel Mouse Optical would be a good choice (since my optical mouse has been the only mouse that worked excellent for me :S), even tho its by M$, its VERY comfortable, good for either hand and has a scroll wheel (i have an M$ intellimouse optical and its basically the same design but the wheel mouse doesnt have 2 side buttons) and of course its mac compatible :)
theres probably a nice logitech mouse out there...
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouse/wmo_info.asp

jelloshotsrule

macrumors G3
Feb 7, 2002
serendipity
Originally posted by ShaolinMiddleFinger
Go check out the one that kensington is making...not out yet but it looks super nice

http://kensington.com/products/pro_mic_d1477.html

i just received my new kensington studio mouse in the mail yesterday....

i will give a review of what i've experienced thus far.

first, it's very smooth and the sides are kinda rubbery and it feels quite comfortable. the two main buttons are good. the scroll wheel is less of a wheel and more of a flat space that you slide your finger on... you can also press on either end and it will scroll faster.... there is a 3rd button, just under the scroll wheel. that is, closer to one's hand... it's not really convenient. of course, most people don't use the middle button nearly as much, and you said you just need 2 buttons and a scroll wheel. i'd say the wheel itself might be tough to get used to, but once you do it's pretty sweet....

Draft

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2002
Chicago, IL
If you are going to get a 2 button mouse, get the logitech wheelmouse optical. Both Taft and my girlfriend have this mouse and it feels great. It has the feeling and heft of a quality product.

If you are going to get a mouse with more then 2 buttons, I suggest the M$ intellimouse explorer. I have this one and although it might not feel as quality as the logitech wheelmouse, I believe that it's the best 4 or 5 button mouse made. I tested other similar mice, but none had the feel of the M$ one.

Hope this helps, and post your final decision here; I'd like to see what you get.

Draft

aromac

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2002
This is what I want. First requirement for a mouse- must be wireless. Second, I want a small mouse. I personally hate big bulky mice. Does anyone out there know if any company makes a small yet wireless mouse? I have seen some perfect size mice designed for notebooks, but all of them have that awful cord sticking out of it. I'm spoiled by my wireless logitech, but it's still too big. The new Kensington looks mighty nice, however, it's not wireless =(.

mpgadd

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2002
I've got a M$ 4 button mouse at work (Intellimouse Optical) which is good but big, well made but the plastic moves slightly, it's okay and not wireless.

At home, I've also got the Logitech Wireless Mouseman Optical (I think that's what it's called) running on OS X 10.1.5 and it is fantastic. The batteries last about 2 to 3 months, the drivers are already in OSX and work perfectly plus is small but not too small, very well made (it's been dropped a few times by our 4 year old daughter to no ill effects). Finally the range is fantastic, I have the wireless pickup on the floor behind my desk and the mouse works perfectly.

Oh yes, a final final thing is that the Logitech wireless mouse works perfectly on a USB hub - our old IBM Thinkpad couldn't recognise the thing and Logitech support said that it wouldn't work on a hub, 'not in the design specifications'. Plus it into our iBook's USB hub, works perfectly and can be unplugged, replugged, batteries changed and nothing ever goes wrong. Get it!!!! :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.