PDA

View Full Version : anjaki#6

anjaki
Aug 19, 2004, 05:48 PM
At the Deutsch-Amerikanisches-Volksfest.

LimeiBook86
Aug 20, 2004, 03:41 AM
At the Deutsch-Amerikanisches-Volksfest.

Wow, that's pretty cool! Very smooth video. I replied to your post because nobody else did, I hate when nobody replies to anything.

(Usually happens to me!:eek: )

again, great avatar!

anjaki
Aug 20, 2004, 05:03 AM
I'll tell you how I did it then, took me ages.
I stripped it out of an mpeg film I took with my digital camera, firstly I exported it out of iMovie as a series of stills and imported all the stills as a batch into Photoshop where I cut out the section of the frame that I wanted, I then imported all the cropped stills into AfterEffects untill I got to motion smooth enough and applied the polsterizing filter to reduce the colours and exported it as a movie, I then imported the movie into Flash and exported it as an animated GIF. Simple really!
The hardest bit was getting it under the 44 kb limit, I had to go back numerous times in the process and repeat some of the operations, but I think it was worth it.

Nice to get a bit of feedback after all the sweat and tears, thanks!

LimeiBook86
Aug 20, 2004, 05:18 AM
Nice to get a bit of feedback after all the sweat and tears, thanks!

Exactly how I feel. I have started to use ImageReady to make gifs, it's sort of odd but I get a better output than Flash. Flash always gives me grainy .gif output.

:D

anjaki
Aug 20, 2004, 05:40 AM
I didn't think of ImageReady, but then again these are the first GIFs that I've attempted in years. I was more worried that the competition would close before I got it finished.

LimeiBook86
Aug 20, 2004, 05:42 AM
I didn't think of ImageReady, but then again these are the first GIFs that I've attempted in years. I was more worried that the competition would close before I got it finished.

hehe, yeah I'm on avatar #2, but I got no replies so I dunno what people think. But I'm on to making #3. :D

medea
Aug 20, 2004, 07:00 AM
wow that is a seriously smooth gif, good job.

Doctor Q
Aug 23, 2004, 01:55 AM
I just noticed it is over the size limit. It is 43,069 bytes. The maximum is 40,000 bytes. :(

anjaki
Aug 23, 2004, 02:09 AM
I just noticed it is over the size limit. It is 43,069 bytes. The maximum is 40,000 bytes. :(

Thanks.

I don't know how that happened, I spent ages checking the size.
Should have read the rules through!
I've put up a revised version now.

My anjaki#7 is better anyway!

iMeowbot
Aug 23, 2004, 02:12 AM
Yay, you just made it. The Almighty Post Count is within 80 or so of a million now.

anjaki
Aug 23, 2004, 02:16 AM
Yay, you just made it. The Almighty Post Count is within 80 or so of a million now.

There's nothing to beat breaking out in a cold sweat due to the shear panic of almost missing a deadline.