PDA

View Full Version : Server Admin hangs while connecting to local server

someguy
Jan 22, 2010, 01:34 PM
I have a Mac mini Server (10.6) and I was making changes to a couple of the services and the entire app locked up.

Now, even after a reboot and a repair permissions, the Server Admin app just hangs after I attempt to connect to my server.

Is there a way to delete or reset the server settings so that everything is defaulted when I connect to it again?

What can I do?

Thanks

Hoodman
Jan 26, 2010, 09:01 PM
it happened to me also. you can try disabling the firewall through ssh. it could be also the DNS, try disabling it through ssh and run server admin connecting through the ip address.

Hoodman
Jan 27, 2010, 02:42 PM
i'm a hardware/networking expert...

Les Kern
Jan 27, 2010, 10:25 PM
You can jack around for hours trying to fix that. Why not just re-install? That only takes 15 minutes.

someguy
Jan 29, 2010, 08:59 AM
You can jack around for hours trying to fix that. Why not just re-install? That only takes 15 minutes.

If you mean re-install the OS, that takes a bit longer than 15 minutes. That is, however, what I ended up doing.

Thanks for the input, everyone. :)

Les Kern
Jan 29, 2010, 09:16 PM
If you mean re-install the OS, that takes a bit longer than 15 minutes. That is, however, what I ended up doing.

Thanks for the input, everyone. :)

Yes, mispoke, but glad you're okay now. I DO have a 15 minute rule... can't fix it that fast, re-install and migrate data back. Saving the settings in Admin is fantastic.