Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

someguy

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 4, 2005
Still here.
I have a Mac mini Server (10.6) and I was making changes to a couple of the services and the entire app locked up.

Now, even after a reboot and a repair permissions, the Server Admin app just hangs after I attempt to connect to my server.

Is there a way to delete or reset the server settings so that everything is defaulted when I connect to it again?

What can I do?

Thanks

Hoodman

macrumors newbie
Feb 20, 2009
Mexico
Ssh

it happened to me also. you can try disabling the firewall through ssh. it could be also the DNS, try disabling it through ssh and run server admin connecting through the ip address.

Les Kern

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2002
Alabama
You can jack around for hours trying to fix that. Why not just re-install? That only takes 15 minutes.

someguy

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 4, 2005
Still here.
You can jack around for hours trying to fix that. Why not just re-install? That only takes 15 minutes.

If you mean re-install the OS, that takes a bit longer than 15 minutes. That is, however, what I ended up doing.

Thanks for the input, everyone. :)

Les Kern

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2002
Alabama
If you mean re-install the OS, that takes a bit longer than 15 minutes. That is, however, what I ended up doing.

Thanks for the input, everyone. :)

Yes, mispoke, but glad you're okay now. I DO have a 15 minute rule... can't fix it that fast, re-install and migrate data back. Saving the settings in Admin is fantastic.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.