Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HiFiGuy528

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 24, 2008
http://www.amazon.com/FiiO-E1-Headphone-Amplifier-White/dp/B002UBREZQ/ref=cm_cr_pr_pb_t

E1-06.jpg

mayanka89

macrumors regular
Aug 10, 2008
Midwest
I got one about a week ago to use with my RE0 IEMs, which required me to have the volume on my iPod classic at ~80% for normal listening.

It really brings out the depth of good headphones, and I have noticed my iPod even lasts longer.

However, the clip is poorly designed. If you want to attach it, make sure the iPod is either off or the cable is disconnected because you WILL press buttons when trying to attach.

Also, the cable is unnecessarily long, and makes me have a lot of extra wire.

But in the end, I really think its worth the ~$20 I spent. I bought it over the E5 because I really didn't want something else to charge.

bloodycape

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2005
California
Well there is the E3, which I have seen going for like 7-9 bucks, if you rather not go with the E5. It is smaller than the E5, but your not really sacrificing on quality much.

Muncher

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2007
California
I have the E1. If you're going to use it for a volume boost, there might be better options. But if you have a good pair of headphones, they really can improve sound quality.

I also use mine with RE0s and they make the phones sound a lot fuller as compared to the headphone out. Treble is better defined, and the bass has a bit more kick to it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.