Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rxman5

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 6, 2008
Trying to download/save flip hd video from my son's remote (Texas)pc to my mac mini (Hawaii)--Have tried gmail, facebook to no avail. Change format before uploading?-I have flipshare software.Flip tech support no help.

arjen92

macrumors 65816
Sep 9, 2008
Below sea level
You mean you try to get the movie file from your son's pc to your mac. Or are you trying to get THE movie from THE Flip right away to your mac, cause if thats THE case, I would first place it on your son's pc and then transfer THE file to your mac. E-mail wont do, you can only send 10 mb files by mail.

Best way would be a website where you can drop THE file. Something like drop.io or whatever, Google for Some websites.

You could also create à YouTube account, then let your Son upload THE movie to YouTube. Than you can download THE original file again from THE YouTube account. But you'll have to share THE account and password.

When THE file is too big try to see if you can convert it into some h.264 (or h.265) codec, avi or mp4 or mov should be okay as THE container.

Good luck, sorry for THE annoying writing Style (all THE capitals and such) but THE iPod touch thinks it can spell better than me, it's freaking annoying.

rxman5

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 6, 2008
import flip video pc to mac

Thanks Arjen92--that was good advice-

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.