Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

courtnej

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 18, 2009
Manchester, UK
I recently got a new external harddrive and so coped all my videos from my old external to my new one. Now Ive spent ages in itunes filling out all the info for these videos - artwork, cast, synopsis etc so dont want to lose it all but because ive moved the files itunes has lost the link to them. Soooo anyway at the moment I have been manually clicking on each one in itunes - get info - and then locating the file in the new external but am wondering if there is an easy way to relink itunes to where the videos are now which might save me some time?!

Cheers

mstrze

macrumors 68000
Nov 6, 2009
From where you are now, I don't believe there is an easier way to do what you want...unless you copy all the files back and follow the procedures below in the link.

The proper way to do it is to add a new iTunes Library folder on the new drive and then have iTunes consolidate your library to the new folder.

Here is a nice, friendly articile describing the best way to do it...for next time.

http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/articles/comments/moving-your-itunes-library-to-a-new-hard-drive/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.