PDA

View Full Version : iBook G4 (Wireless help)

macbookman2006
Jan 25, 2010, 05:57 PM
Hello everyone,

I have been a mac user since 2006. Yesterday, I purchased an iBook G4 for my father, who I have converted from Windows to Macintosh. We are 99% satisfied.

Everything works great except the wireless internet. Whenever the computer shuts off or goes to sleep, we have a difficult time re-connecting to the wireless internet. After five minutes of clicking on the wireless signal (at the top of the screen) and turning it on and off, we are able to get on. Once we connect, it does not seem to disconnect.

Weird issue huh? I would appreciate any advice you can give me. If this was already mentioned in a previous threat, I apologize...I am quite new to the site.:)

Please help!

MrCheeto
Jan 25, 2010, 06:05 PM
Well, of all the threats I've received recently, you haven't mention this issue at all.

Is the router you are connecting to protected by a password?

macbookman2006
Jan 25, 2010, 06:09 PM
Well, of all the threats I've received recently, you haven't mention this issue at all.

Is the router you are connecting to protected by a password?

I don't mean to sound like an idiot, but I have my wireless network protected with a password, if that is what you mean.:confused:

MrCheeto
Jan 25, 2010, 06:11 PM
That's what I meant to say, soz.

Have you added your router's name to your "Preferred Networks" under "AirPort>Advanced...>AirPort"?

macbookman2006
Jan 25, 2010, 06:40 PM
That's what I meant to say, soz.

Have you added your router's name to your "Preferred Networks" under "AirPort>Advanced...>AirPort"?

Yes, I have. However, under "Network Name". It says "No network selected". I have my router as a name underneath that. When I go to select it and put in the WPA2 password, it thinks for about 2 seconds and says "connection timeout".

MrCheeto
Jan 25, 2010, 06:43 PM
Then I have run out of ideas...and yes...yes I am an idiot.

macbookman2006
Jan 25, 2010, 06:53 PM
HELPPPPPP!!!!! :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

macbookman2006
Jan 25, 2010, 07:02 PM
Fixed it. Nevermind. The wireless was set up as a WPA2 and I switched it to WPA and everything works great. Thanks anyway everyone.