Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

christall109

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 15, 2007
What if Apple announces a Tablet that downloads ebooks similar to how Amazon's Kindle Downloads them. One price, no monthly plan for the basic model. Hear me out, what if:

Basic Tablet Model ("unlocked")
-Wifi only (has 3G connection), but with over the air downloads for ebooks anywhere. And has the option to get a bigger data plan with it. (Similar to an unlocked device.)
-A Little more money than a Tablet subsidized with legit data plan.

-Basic 30 dollars a month data plan with carrier of your choice (verizon or AT&T)

Pure speculation, but Apple could do something like this. Like an iPod touch with limited over the air downloads restricted to eBooks.

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
I don't see Apple doing free wireless service like the Kindle. If it has 3G connectivity, you are going to have to pay a monthly fee.

Ke1ington

macrumors 6502a
Dec 29, 2009
I like the idea. I really believe that Apple would be foolish to keep this locked to AT&T (which I really don't believe they're going to do).

I don't think I'd ever get one but I'd surely be going after the "unlocked" option if I did.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.