Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

t0mat0

macrumors 603
Original poster
Aug 29, 2006
Home
Will Apple break out of multitouch for gaming?

I'm thinking, that it could be possible to do head tracking for a Tablet game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd3-eiid-Uw

You could use an iPhone as a controller. iPhone was too small and not powerful enough to do this- but a tablet - now that's a possibility.

We haven't seen Apple's 3D gesture patents yet - Microsoft took the IP of zcam - we await to see what's in the patent archives - Apple has a deep patent back catalogue on multitouch gestures - but I haven't heard of any for 3D gestures ala Project Natal.

iMac used as a HDTV/gaming rig - If you could rig a Project Natal USB style device onto the top of an iMac - you could effectively do that style gaming on the Mac.

Irrespective of this, you could do this on an iMac running Windows 7, once they bring Project Natal to the PC via a USB cam. Might be mid 2011 for this.

I'll ses what patentlyapple.com has to say, but I see gaming as taking unexpected, and new routes for games, with a tablet form factor.

With a stylus, again, games could change

gomouseless

macrumors newbie
Jan 25, 2010
Earth (usually)
I think we'll get to use all the games already available for the iPhone, but with the added processing power and features of the tablet, I think there will indeed be some interesting games and gaming interfaces that could come out of the tablet.

Should be pretty cool to see what developers come up with.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.