PDA

View Full Version : eMac blue screen with reload icon and fwd. arrow

wfl1958
Jan 26, 2010, 12:26 PM
A year or so ago I was going through iPhoto on my eMac that was rarely used. It was never used to surf the net, just to compare graphics on websites. While looking through iPhoto the computer froze and I shut it down, tried to start it up again, but go the gray screen with the folder/question mark icon. I tried last night to start it up again while holding the "C" key down and the power button. Now it will go to the blue screen with a "reload" icon on the left and a "forward" arrow on the right. The screen just gets stuck there. I tried clicking on the icons but nothing happens. If this topic has been addressed previously in the forum somewhere, I apologize in advance. I've tried looking on Apple's discussion board and have seen some possible remedies, but nothing that really spells out exactly what's going on with my situation.

Thanks
Dan

666sheep
Jan 26, 2010, 03:21 PM
Screen which you see means that your eMac cannot find any startup volume. I bet that your HDD is dead. You should start computer from CD/DVD drive with your system install disc (press "c" like before, but first put in install disc - to open cd tray, press left mouse button at startup and hold until tray will start open). Then go to Disk Utility and try to repair disk (if it will be visible in this tool). If your HDD will be not visible, i'm afraid that you got to replace it with new. If you had very important data on it, you can try to use Disk Warrior to repair then copy files somewhere.