Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zroll1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 1, 2003
I recently got the Airport Express and was really looking forward to using Airtunes. A lot of times I want to connect my TiBook to my speakers but don't want to go through the hassle of getting the cables to use them. So I was hoping that I could play any type of sound through Airtunes. But I tried and it would only play iTunes music. So I was wondering is there a way to play any sound through Airtunes or is it exclusively for iTunes and also is there any third-party software that manipulates this sound-playing feature of Airtunes? Thanks

superbovine

macrumors 68030
Nov 7, 2003
zroll1 said:
I recently got the Airport Express and was really looking forward to using Airtunes. A lot of times I want to connect my TiBook to my speakers but don't want to go through the hassle of getting the cables to use them. So I was hoping that I could play any type of sound through Airtunes. But I tried and it would only play iTunes music. So I was wondering is there a way to play any sound through Airtunes or is it exclusively for iTunes and also is there any third-party software that manipulates this sound-playing feature of Airtunes? Thanks

no, but it was recently hacked so you can expect some things to come down the pipe. however, stuff like movies won't probably work to well, because the sound will have to be compressed etc then you going to have problems with syncing sound and image etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.