Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MACloop

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 18, 2009
Germany
Hi,
I have developed an App and it is also released on the AppStore. I have an iPhone 3g with 3.1.2 installed and an iPod touch. My app works just great on my devices both on WLAN and 3G net. Now I have got a message from a user who says the App crashes on load. He has the same device bit uses os 3.0. I really have problems to locate the problem here. The only thing I could think about is that he has to update the os. But I have chosen 3.0 as the lower limit by buildning my app. I thought I should get build error if the app is not 3.0 compatible?

Does anyone have some hints on what to do? It is really hard to develop when the app always works so different on different devices :-(

Thanks in advance!
MACloop

xsmasher

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2008
You can download crash reports from iTunes connect. With that report *and* the DSYM file from the build that you submitted you can at least find out what line the crash is happening on.

Most likely you mane some error with pointers or memory management and just got lucky that it works on 3.1.2. Or perhaps it crashes on 3.1.2 too no one reported it; or it's some other setting like country/language causing the problem. Once you see that crash reports you'll have a better idea.

MACloop

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 18, 2009
Germany
You can download crash reports from iTunes connect. With that report *and* the DSYM file from the build that you submitted you can at least find out what line the crash is happening on.

Most likely you mane some error with pointers or memory management and just got lucky that it works on 3.1.2. Or perhaps it crashes on 3.1.2 too no one reported it; or it's some other setting like country/language causing the problem. Once you see that crash reports you'll have a better idea.

Hello again!
thanks for your answer. I am quite new to this kind of programming and I am not very sure what you mean, but I intend to both understand and learn more about it! I have read about this tool symbolics, making the crash logs abit more readable - what do you think about using that?

I attach my crash-log so that you can see it.

I have this symbolic stuff dowloaded to my desktop - how do I go from here in order to get the reason for my crash out of my crash-log?

I hope you can help me further on this? Thanks in advance!
MACloop

Attachments

• crash_20100127.doc
    46 KB · Views: 112
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.