Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Jul 11, 2003
LOLz, the mod team will certainly earn their paychecks today. ;)

stridemat

Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
Yeah cheers guys (and girls) for doing a stand-up job. Good luck....

and jessica. is not a mod.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
The moderators did an outstanding job, which doesn't surprise me, but it's also true that forum users were especially civil and considerate.

There are always a few problems but overall it was a very successful day for discussions, even where members had sharply differing opinions.

The MacRumors community should pat itself on the back!

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Jul 11, 2003
Good job mods. You can't tell me that, as a group, you weren't ecstatic that the Apple Store never went down. :D

SilentPanda

Moderator emeritus
Oct 8, 2002
The Bamboo Forest
It was nice because people didn't make "The Apple Store Is Down" threads. But then it was not nice because (I kid you not) people instead made "The Apple Store Is Not Down" threads. Then I stared at the bamboo I was gnawing on, look at my computer screen, back at the bamboo, back at the computer screen... the bamboo was set down, knuckles were cracked, and threads were smashed.

Actually I never set the bamboo down. I just hoped other moderators did it. I was too busy balancing my checkbook so I could purchase an iPad when the store went down.

As Doctor Q said though, overall the horror was less horror than we (or at least I) had built up in my head and people were mostly civil.

Tilpots

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2006
Carolina Beach, NC
Good job mods. You can't tell me that, as a group, you weren't ecstatic that the Apple Store never went down. :D

The Apple Store's down?!? Sweet. *runs to make 15 new threads announcing it to the world*

Great job mods, regulars, and even the 2 newb's who didn't whine.;)

iBlue

macrumors Core
Mar 17, 2005
London, England
I hugged an ex mod, who felt deep sympathy (empathy?) for those in the fold and relief that he isn't.

Scary times. Scary times. :)

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Jul 11, 2003
So, how do the moderators feel about the Verizon fan boys? :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.