PDA

View Full Version : Help with Aiport Express and XP

JOD8FY
Aug 21, 2004, 01:04 PM
Hello Everyone,

I've just bought a D-Link DWL-122 Wireless USB 802.11b adapter for my desktop PC running Windows XP. I also have an Airport Express which is connected to my PowerBook. I want to connect my PC to my wireless network, but when I installed the Airport software onto my PC, the Airport Administration Utility on my PC doesn't recognize my base station/network. However, the D-Link software does recognize my network.

Here's the problem: The D-Link is receiving a wireless signal, but I can't connect to the internet! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
JOD8FY

ravenvii
Aug 21, 2004, 02:03 PM
I have that problem when I was using a Linksys USB wireless adapter. I remember the problem ends up being a single check box that I had to un-check. I don't remember anymore, since I have not used my XP box in a long time, and that stupid USB adapter even longer. Now I just use my AirPort Express as a ethernet-wireless bridge for the XP box. Works just like plugging in a ethernet cable. Love it.

JOD8FY
Aug 21, 2004, 05:37 PM
Thanks for the help. Does anyone else know what this box that I have to uncheck is?

JOD8FY

P.S. - Does this only happen with USB adapters, or would it happen if I had installed a PCI card too?