Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scrapple

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 23, 2004
it wasn't selling, so they reduced the price by $200, and gave a $200 credit to existing users..

I see the same happening with this ipad.

and noted:

No Flash,
No Multitasking,
No Handwriting,
No Camera,
No Phone calls,
No GPS,
No HDMI out,
Magical?!!!

I believe the HP slate does all these (except phones)?

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
it wasn't selling, so they reduced the price by $200, and gave a $200 credit to existing users..

I see the same happening with this ipad.

and noted:

No Flash,
No Multitasking,
No Handwriting,
No Camera,
No Phone calls,
No GPS,
No HDMI out,
Magical?!!!

I believe the HP slate does all these (except phones)?

What the hell are you talking about? The iphone sold like hotcakes when it first came out.

aaquib

macrumors 65816
Sep 11, 2007
Toronto, Canada
The iPhone launched as a $600-subsidized phone. This is a $500 tablet.

What is wrong with you? There won't be a new version for about a year and there won't be an early adopter tax.

emir

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2008
Istanbul
I hope that iPad won't sell. Because slowly Apple is turning in to Microsoft. Apple is Apple today because they worked really hard in the past 10 years. At the end of the 90's they were about to get bankrupt but they didn't because Steve Jobs, a brilliant man, with other people in Apple worked really hard and got to where they are now. Everything is perfect right now, ipod's, iphone's, mac's. People are switching to Macs, their share is growing in the market and they are nowhere near bankrupt. Apple is living it's golden age. That is why they feel safe just like Microsoft. Microsoft sucks, yes but not because they are stupid, it is because they have huge share and from owner to employee's they are rich. They don't have economical issues and they are not worried, as long as it sells. They have money and they have profit.

Apple is starting to switch to that mood, if iPad sells they will understand they can still profit with something like this and they will stop making as awesome products. I am sure some fanboys will discredit this message but sadly this is the truth. ipad is just slipshod, just a big iPhone without phone, GPS and camera.

I am truly worried that Apple is going to be not as awesome again because they are at ease and comfort. Note that Microsoft is improving their products just a little since they saw Apple is getting some share their kingdom is not safe anymore. I am sure that they will improve even more and if Apple switches to the mood i mentioned above they will be the leader again in 20s or 30s.

hopefully i am wrong, i wasn't expecting this from Apple, they have disappointed me and i am in dark thoughts as you can see.

By the way no iPhone os 4 and no macbook pro updates. this is a huge disappointment.

emir

admanimal

macrumors 68040
Apr 22, 2005
Well all of this doom and gloom from Macrumors members can only mean one thing....that this product will be a huge success.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.