Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JosephBergdoll

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 7, 2009
NYC
This is how I'd intend to use it...

LogMeIn Ignition... completely portable and usable OSX/Windows/whatever OS. This way I can take notes on my MBP without having to actually bring it to class. I'd much rather bring a $500 tablet to class than my $2000+ MBP (I bought it in late '08 when the prices were still high). That way I wouldn't have to worry about syncing anything, or battery life!

Just a little something to ponder.

Eddyisgreat

macrumors 601
Oct 24, 2007
Yah, good point. My boss made a big scene about being able to access citrix (or vnc?) servers on his iPhone but I never really got into it. Maybe if there's a good solution. Well I already plan on buying an iPad so I can wait.

Royal16

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2009
I agree with you 100%. I really think this is aimed at college students, I am interested in seeing how publishers of college textbooks adapt to the ipad. I just spent $600 on textbooks for four classes, if I can rent text books using the ipad it will pay for itself. Plus you will more then likely be able to download college textbooks illegally. If that is the case I would spend $1000 on this product because I will spend about $5000 just on books. But I am going to wait and see what happens.

chill.

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2008
This is how I'd intend to use it...

LogMeIn Ignition... completely portable and usable OSX/Windows/whatever OS. This way I can take notes on my MBP without having to actually bring it to class. I'd much rather bring a $500 tablet to class than my $2000+ MBP (I bought it in late '08 when the prices were still high). That way I wouldn't have to worry about syncing anything, or battery life!

Just a little something to ponder.

ok, but why deal with it? from all reports of the smoothness and hd video playback, the ipad's hardware is perfectly capable of running a full OS. why do we have to deal with VNC's remote latency to make this thing useful? why did apple purposely cripple the software just to stop cannibalizing macbook sales?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.