Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gdeusthewhizkid

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 14, 2008
NY|NJ
hey guys,

couldnt do it. I was gonna go with a apple tv but i fell in love with a 13 inch mac book pro. This things flies. what do i need to play movies from it and attach it to my 52 inch. This is my first intel mac and im kind of lost.

also how does plex work. I downloaded it but i dont see what it does....?

spice weasel

macrumors 65816
Jul 25, 2003
You need a mini-DisplayPort to HDMI adapter, and an HDMI cable. Get the adapter from monoprice.

Plex is media center software. Think of it like Front Row on steroids. Lots of steroids.

gdeusthewhizkid

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 14, 2008
NY|NJ
You need a mini-DisplayPort to HDMI adapter, and an HDMI cable. Get the adapter from monoprice.

Plex is media center software. Think of it like Front Row on steroids. Lots of steroids.

thanks nice price... should i get a optical audio cable too to connect. Does this transmit audio from laptop to lcd.?

gdeusthewhizkid

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 14, 2008
NY|NJ

thanks nice price... should i get a optical audio cable too to connect. Does this transmit audio from laptop to lcd.?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.