Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zyniker

macrumors 6502
Feb 14, 2008
Nice call. Time will tell if this product will become as successful as the iPod (personally, I believe it will exceed the success of the iPod). As much as the forum has seemingly been flooded with mouth-breathers ranting about how it will fail...

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Come on now, some things are hits (iPod, iPhone, iMac) some aren't (Mini, AppleTV, Newton, iPod speakers).
Before the iPod there wasn't a decent MP3 player.
Before the iPhone there wasn't a usable and such widely adopted smartphone.
We already have decent tablet PC's and netbooks, so....

gibbz

macrumors 68030
May 31, 2007
Norman, OK
Come on now, some things are hits (iPod, iPhone, iMac) some aren't (Mini, AppleTV, Newton, iPod speakers).

So why haven't tablets taken off if they are so decent?

sidefx

macrumors regular
Jan 18, 2010

Blackberry comes to mind. I do believe that the curve is the highest ranked phone in sales anyways...

thejadedmonkey

macrumors G3
May 28, 2005
Pennsylvania
The difference is that there was a market for an mp3 player that didn't suck.

Right now, I don't see a need for a tablet device that doesn't suck.

EthanNixon

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2007
New Jersey
As much as I am disappointed with the a lack of features that I truly wanted, I will still buy it (Front-facing Camera and Multitasking). This is an excellent way to have a media device in your hands that is big enough to show to guests. Now when I have to show people I invite over something on the computer, I will just show them on my iPad. The pricing is right, I don't find it too much money and the features are perfect for what it should do.

I agree, there should be flash on this, and there should definitely be multitasking. Apple has been known to mess up the first revision on almost any product, especially the software aspect. I will gladly be an early adopter to the iPad, I just hope it has good software support for MobileMe. The iPad would be great if it had more features with MobileMe. :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.