Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

crees!

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 14, 2003
MD/VA/DC
So my 3G iPod has just gone into should I say an infinite loop of rebooting itself. It never gets past the startup Apple logo then it shuts down and reboots again. Any way to stop this?

crees!

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 14, 2003
MD/VA/DC
Okay I've put this thing in its dock. Took it out. Put it back. Nothing, but just now it says "Disk Mode. Okay to Disconnect" with a big 'ol check mark on screen. I've never seen this before and none of the controls work. Back to the dock I guess??

crees!

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 14, 2003
MD/VA/DC
I just put it back in the dock. It switched to the "Do Not Disconnect" readout. My iPod has been taking a long time lately to mount and dismount. Still not mounted. I think I'm going to shut down so I can disconnect. I'll post later tonight I guess as I'm heading out now.. thanks for the quick response.

crees!

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 14, 2003
MD/VA/DC
Disk Utility doesn't see it. It just says "Disk Mode - Okay to disconnect" with a big check mark. Before I left it said Do Not Disconnect so apparently it switched over sometime. I'll take a look at the forum. None of the controls work when I press them either.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.