Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Samsquantch

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 24, 2010
So my M-Audio AV-40s just took a crap on me, and I'm thinking I'd like to go with something else this time around--the craftsmanship on this AV-40's seems to be a bit suspect and before they broke, they developed a pretty anything buzzing in the higher frequencies.

I'm looking to spend about the same amount of money ($150 - $200). I'm not using them for serious recording or anything, just for listening to music and FCP editing. Thanks in advance.

RHELF

macrumors member
Jan 29, 2010
You may find yourself limited in that price range, but check out the Samson MediaOne 5A($199/pr) or if you can swing an extra $100 or so, the KRK Rokit 5 G2's are pretty decent($150 each) or the Samson Resolv A5's($299/pr). Hope that gets you on the right track.

pcypert

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2006
Bangkok
I love my little Audio Engine computer speakers. I think I have the A2's. They're 200 bucks and worth every penny. Maybe not the most impressive bass... but a very true sound, perfect for me (and my budget) for listening to music and editing in FCP and other programs...

Paul

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.