Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

krewelement394

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 14, 2008
hi, i posted a while back that my macbook's HDD is failing. i have not yet replaced it but i will by next week. my question is, since my macbook's HDD is failing does this cause my macbook to run slow VERY slow? it has been running slow for the past few weeks. the internet, Pages, Microsoft Word, iPhoto. etc. i have to close every program and just have 1 running. i have 3GB of Ram and it was fast before. when i am typing it tends to freeze for about 2 seconds and then when it unfreezes what ever i typed shows up. is this because of the HDD failure? please let me know because it is driving me insane! i feel like i am using my old windows computer all over again!

thanks!

techound1

macrumors 68000
Mar 3, 2006
It will run slow if what you're doing needs to access information on the hard drive.

krewelement394

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 14, 2008
It will run slow if what you're doing needs to access information on the hard drive.

the whole thing is acting slow. it freezes every minute and it unfreezes but then it re-freezes. i had to switch to my windows computer because of it.... this is very annoying. i ordered the drive just this afternoon but i will not get it until monday. i hope that fixes my problem. what do you guys tihnk? i need more information please! :)

deenut247

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2007
I'm having the same issues. I've deleted everything I didn't need and purchased a external WD 250.

ARF900

macrumors 65816
Oct 30, 2009
Is it still under warranty? Are you planning on buying a new MBP after refresh?

kernkraft

macrumors 68020
Jun 25, 2009
I've had beachballs even with a clean install of Snow Leopard and 4 GB of RAM. These mid-2009 13" MacBook Pros are not very good. To me, a 7200 Seagate HDD solved the problem. So I just have constant fan that I always had and overheating... It's better than freezing, anyway!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.