Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jtmx29

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 14, 2010
Connecticut
Hey guys,
I belong to a computer club at a local community college I attend. We currently take in and refurbish computers to be given away to students. We have given away approximately 100 over the past year. We were lucky enough to get about 116 Compaq Evo's and 26 G5 Mac Pros this semester.

We are looking into getting a digital camera for the club so that we can document and take videos/ snap shots of what we do.

So what is the best $200 dollar camera for this job? It doesn't have to do video, but that would be nice.

Thanks,
JTMX29

jtmx29

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 14, 2010
Connecticut
I have always liked the Canon SD- series. I have the SD850 and it's been a nice complement to my dslr.

Thanks! My brother just purchased a Canon SD series and loves it. It cost about 200. Glad to hear it's a good camera. I want to stay away from Kodak, Samsung, etc.

jampat

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2008
For the office, I am partial to Canon A series, they take AA batteries so they are always ready to go, SD series is great for a pocket camera, but it requires proprietary (and expensive) batteries.

OrangeCuse44

macrumors 65832
Oct 25, 2006
I'm still using my Canon Powershot SD400 as my point & shoot camera. It has been all over the world with me for years and is still going strong. It produces great images and can be had for cheap nowadays if you can find it used.

TJRiver

macrumors 6502
Jan 14, 2009
We have a Canon SD 600 that that we have had for years and it takes great pics, sometimes better than my SLR. Another vote for Canon.

DoNoHarm

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2008
Maine
at this particular moment, probably the panasonic lumix zs3. ~220 on amazon.com i bought this camera for 400 one year ago!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.