Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Vesuvio Cat

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 30, 2010
Sometimes, when I put a new album, movie, or podcast on my iPod Touch the device automatically assigns it artwork from another file. For example, one of my music videos has the movie artwork for "Up" and all of my Radiohead albums were assigned an album cover from John Coltrane. I'd manually fix all of them, but I have 32 GB of movies, music, and podcasts to file through. Very annoying, and seems like something that could have been easily addressed.

Moocher

macrumors regular
Mar 5, 2008
NE Atlanta area
I think a restore is your only option. I had something similar with my 1st gen and researched. At the time the restore worked. Also, make sure you have the latest version of iTunes on your computer.

Mooch

Vesuvio Cat

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 30, 2010
Hmm. It doesn't seem to be such a nuisance that it should require a restore. I think iTunes just assigns album artwork that has keywords that match other albums. The "find artwork" option seems to be the problem, and it baffles me that they should allow a program to guess what something is when it isn't sure. However, I can't see any scenario where "Up" artwork would be assigned to a Bob Dylan music video from his new Christmas Album. Ha!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.