PDA

View Full Version : g3 powerbook pismo 500 mhz with firewire

g3powerbook boy
Feb 1, 2010, 06:25 PM
I just got my g3 powerbook pismo 500 mhz processor rebuilt.. did it myself. right now it has 384 mb of memory installed, id like to upgrade it to more than 512 but i only see one ram slot. does anyone know if theres more than one ram slot or am i going to be stuck with 512mb of ram. its running tiger 10.4.11 ok not too badly actually but think it would be much better with more ram. as it is it works much better than my ibm windows laptop running windows xp, nothing wrong with the ibm laptop just windows is kinda sucky would love to put tiger on it. :apple:

flopticalcube
Feb 1, 2010, 06:33 PM
Pismo has 2 slots for 1GB total: http://www.memoryx.net/pisbotslot.html

Archon Gold
Feb 1, 2010, 06:36 PM
Pismo has 2 slots for 1GB total: http://www.memoryx.net/pisbotslot.html

Correct, one on top of the Processor Card, and one underneath the processor card, each slot can handle 512Mbs each totaling 1Gb total.

g3powerbook boy
Feb 1, 2010, 07:00 PM
ok that makes sense, ill have to try that when i get home tonight. im currently using it now at my local starbucks and it seems to work nice with the 384 mb of ram but it would probably make a big difference if i upgraded the ram to 512 at least if not more. kinda was hoping i didnt have to pull that card out but it doesnt look too difficult to do. :apple:

g3powerbook boy
Feb 1, 2010, 11:05 PM
You guys are the best. I had an extra 256 mb chip laying around, pulled the processor card put the new 256 chip in and it now has 512 mb ram. only problem i had is the keyboard got disconnected but not a big deal. hopefully my buddy can find me a 512 chip so i will replace the 256 chip on the top side of the board and all will be perfect. thanks for the help! apples are the easiest to work on, i fix pc's on a daily basis unless im out hunting tornadoes and apple is by far the easiest to get to the guts of the machine! dont have to remove 100 screws of different sizes and still cant open it up. course if everyone bought an apple there would be no repair work for me to do! :apple: