PDA

View Full Version : If you are having very slow/broken backups and have the AppSniper app,here's the sol.

gacxx
Feb 2, 2010, 12:06 AM
If you have had very slow backup times (many hours) or your backups never finish, the appsniper application from Manta Research is the problem.

For such a long time, I have been having terrible iPhone backup issues. Backups would take hours, and sometimes they wouldn't even finish after letting it go overnight. Recently, I was using the application AppSniper from Manta Research, a popular app to track application sales, when I noticed something interesting in the Config tab. I was looking in the preferences when I spotted the "Clear Icon Cache" button.

It turns out that this is very important for the many of you who use this popular application. If you clear the icon cache before you backup and syn your iPhone/iPod touch, the backup will run perfectly. I have been using AppSniper for such a long time, and little did I know this was what was causing the backup problems.

I have no idea if this feature has always been there because it was just recently I figured it out. I'm also not sure if this is common knowledge because it is not on the apps page in the app store, and it never told me about the feature when I first bought the app over a year ago.