Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NatronB

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 2, 2002
Hi-

I have my 12" Powerbook G4 Rev. A hooked up to a Samsung 17" widescreen. The performance is good, but I think it could be better.

My question is this, I remember a while back hearing about a product that could add an in-line external video card to help drive an external display, does anyone know of such a product?

Is my occasionally sluggish performance more the result of the small amount of RAM I have (maxed out at 640 mb) and the age of my machine?

Any help is appreciated, thanks,

-Nate

Koodauw

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2003
Madison
A bit off topic, but I had a 17'' wide screen samsung display for a while, but my PB, the same as yours, could only do 1024x768 resolution, so The wide was to no advantage, it was just my regular desktop, but stretched. Needless to say this was not worth the $800 dollars I paid, and I sent it back. Is this the same for you?

NatronB

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 2, 2002
PB 12"-A w/ Samsung 17" WD

I never had that problem, I'm trying to think why I didn't (or why you did).

The only thing I can think of is the OS (I don't think I bought the display before I had Jaguar or Panther installed).

???

-N

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.