Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Confuzzeled23

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 27, 2009
Hey Everyone,
I was just wondering. I have Bootcamp 3.1 installed and after I installed I updated to the more recent Nvidia drivers. However, every time I open Apple Software update, it asks me to install Bootcamp 3.1. Is this due to the fact I installed the updated driver, or is this just a known bug with the updater?

Thanks

PS - sorry if this has been asked before. I searched using Mroogle, but I couldn't find my exact question.

greythorne

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2008
Hey Everyone,
I was just wondering. I have Bootcamp 3.1 installed and after I installed I updated to the more recent Nvidia drivers. However, every time I open Apple Software update, it asks me to install Bootcamp 3.1. Is this due to the fact I installed the updated driver, or is this just a known bug with the updater?

Thanks

PS - sorry if this has been asked before. I searched using Mroogle, but I couldn't find my exact question.

Im having this issue too. hope someone can help.

Stridder44

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2003
California
Hey Everyone,

Thanks

Wow, that's very strange indeed. It's most likely a bug. Just open Apple Software Update and tell it never to check for updates (rather, you have to manually check for updates yourself).

rgarjr

macrumors 604
Apr 2, 2009
Southern California
Yes the BC 3.1 shows up even after you install it on my MacBook. It does not however have that problem with my iMac.

What bugs me is the NVIDIA driver that makes "waves scrolling down" effect on the display. U can clearly see it on a gray screen.

RedRaven571

macrumors 65816
Mar 13, 2009
Pennsylvania
Just recently, on my early 2009 iMac, Apple Update keeps wanting to DL Bootcamp 3.1 (~ 235 MB); I checked and my current version is already 3.1.

I even 'humored' the program by allowing it to DL and 'update' (including restart of W7) but the next time the updater ran, there it was again. :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.