Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jxyama

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 3, 2003
some fresh, "crazy" rumors from http://www.kodawarisan.com (Japanese)

(Note: kodawarisan hasn't been very reliable with rumors. but they are entertaining!)

on the new iMac (August 13th post):
17" and 20" flat panel LCD displays with 1.6 and 1.8 GHz G5 processors.
similar encasing as the cinema displays (i assume the new ones), with logic board behind the display. on the right side of the display will be the CD/DVD slot and various connectors placed at the bottom. wireless keyboard and mouse standard.

on the PB revision (August 20th post):
before the introduction of G5 PB, the current PB will get one more revision, by the end of this year. 12" PBs with 1.5 GHz G4, 15" PBs with 1.7 GHz G4 and 17" PBs with dual 1.5 GHz G4s.

seamuskrat

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2003
New Jersey USA
What si there to say. Both are logical extensions of the rumors we all have heard.

For the iBook, we keep hearing its an All-In-One with no base. So, we know an ibook or powerbook can be thin, why not take the new aluminum display, make it 4 or 5 inches thick, put the board and drives in behind, have a powerbrick and voila, new iMac.

As for the powerbook, we can guess that G5 supply is thin and heat is still an issue, so one more iteration of G4 seems reasonable.

If you follow rumors, and know Business 101 and have some basic knowledge of how Apple has worked in the past, you too can come up with decent SOUNDING rumors. That said, Rumor sites are often wrong. Apple is secretive and often they can astound us or surprise us for all the right or wrong reasons.

At least what they propose is feasible, and seems logical as a consumer machine at the cost level they propose. Personally, I think the CPU speed is too much., The current iMac was under 1.4 and G4, and the Pro machines still have 1.8 (although 2 of them) so I would guess they will tone it down with 1.4 and 1.6. But who knows.....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.