PDA

View Full Version : Airport Express Question

johnny_boy
Aug 24, 2004, 02:49 PM
I am considering getting an Airport Express purely for streaming music to my home stereo. I already have a 802.11b network in place with a Linksys router. Thing is the computer with iTunes and my music is not wirelessly connected, it goes by cat5 into the linksys router. Regardless though, all my computers (wired or not) still share printers, files, etc, would this be any different for Airport Express. Could it still connect to my computer even though it's not wireless as long is it's on the same network?

seamuskrat
Aug 24, 2004, 03:04 PM
This will work fine. I have a similar config and the wired to LinkSys Mac is able to stream to APEx and stereo just fine.

Its works very well by the way, it took minutes to configure (have it JOIN EXISTING NETWORK) and I opened iTunes, selected stereo and pressed play. There is a slight delay and then the music starts.

I am considering getting an Airport Express purely for streaming music to my home stereo. I already have a 802.11b network in place with a Linksys router. Thing is the computer with iTunes and my music is not wirelessly connected, it goes by cat5 into the linksys router. Regardless though, all my computers (wired or not) still share printers, files, etc, would this be any different for Airport Express. Could it still connect to my computer even though it's not wireless as long is it's on the same network?