PDA

View Full Version : Screen dimming on it's own?

cocktailmunky
Feb 2, 2010, 10:01 PM
I just got my new "refurbished" Macbook Air Rev. B from Apple today via fedex and I think I have a problem or I'm seeing things. It seems as though when I sit it on an angle like kinda in my lap but kinda tilted laying on bed it seems to dim down on it's own. The power cord doesn't have a loose connection, and in preferences I have it set to not dim down ever! So what is causing my display to dim down? (also I always have the power cord plugged in). :confused::mad:

Scottsdale
Feb 2, 2010, 11:04 PM
It is a setting. Go into the System Preferences. Select the energy saver lightbulb and deselect "Automatically reduce brightness before display goes to sleep."

It's a power management setting. If you lengthen how long before the display goes to sleep, it will make it wait longer. I think the default is not very long.

bobdard
Feb 2, 2010, 11:06 PM
If you've already set it to never dim, then go into System Preferences, Displays, and uncheck the box that says adjust brightness based on room ambience or w/e it is. It's likely that when you put it on an angle, the display shadows the sensor, causing it to dim down.