PDA

View Full Version : uMBP and studio monitors...

Rafalski24
Feb 3, 2010, 01:14 AM
So I bought Hafler TRM8's which are amazing nearfield studio monitors. I have no mixer in my room at the moment, and am wonder if the normal line out on my uMBP 15" is gonna be up to par. Geffen sells a optical to rca dac for about 50 bucks, would that be better? Is there a usb DAC in I should be looking at (maybe one with balanced outs)? I was looking at an audio interface, but will mostly let the recording features go to waste (though not completely every once in a while I record voice overs for video projects, and I have an electric drumset that can hook up to a computer via midi)
Any ideas?
Thanks guys

hakukani
Feb 19, 2010, 03:02 PM
So I bought Hafler TRM8's which are amazing nearfield studio monitors. I have no mixer in my room at the moment, and am wonder if the normal line out on my uMBP 15" is gonna be up to par. Geffen sells a optical to rca dac for about 50 bucks, would that be better? Is there a usb DAC in I should be looking at (maybe one with balanced outs)? I was looking at an audio interface, but will mostly let the recording features go to waste (though not completely every once in a while I record voice overs for video projects, and I have an electric drumset that can hook up to a computer via midi)
Any ideas?
Thanks guys

I think that an audio interface will do you the most good.