PDA

View Full Version : 4 months out of warranty. No sound on internal ear piece.

2Sunny
Feb 3, 2010, 08:40 AM
Sound works on speaker, bluetooth, and headphones but no sound from the internal phone earpiece. Tried hard and soft reset, blowing out headphone jack, and turning off Push.

Assuming it can't be fixed simply, do I have any options other than buying a new phone?

Thanks,

Joe

DEE9299
Feb 3, 2010, 08:43 AM
either replace the speaker or find someone to do it for you

aristobrat
Feb 3, 2010, 08:51 AM
Assuming it can't be fixed simply, do I have any options other than buying a new phone?
Out of warranty replacements are $199. Depending on where you are in your AT&T contract, that can be considerably less expensive than buying a new phone.

2Sunny
Feb 3, 2010, 09:17 AM
either replace the speaker or find someone to do it for you

Thanks for the tip. Found online DirectFix.com and ordered the $3 part. Sounds a lot better than buying a new phone!

Thanks again.

Joe

chs5056
Feb 3, 2010, 08:28 PM
this happened to me and my sister. for me, all I had to do was soft reset it (press and hold the power button and the home button until the screen goes black and then release immediately and then power it back on) and then it worked again.

for my sister, she restored her iphone (in itunes) and then restored it from her backup (that she made right before restoring it) and it worked again.

I recommend trying these two before you change any hardware!!