Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

drf1229

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 22, 2009
I recently upgraded to Snow Leopard. After the installation finished, the next thing I did was install the new sdk (the .pkg file was already on my computer before). I opened it up, and as I tried to open an old app, XCode unimportant typo:froze, not closed, causing me to force quit it. Then I tried to create a new project and got the same results. Any thoughts? Advice is greatly appreciated!

North Bronson

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2007
San José
There might be a bad preference somewhere. Go into your user library, look for the saved Xcode preferences, and try moving that file out of the directory. You should reset to the default preferences, but sometimes this helps weird crashes.

drf1229

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 22, 2009
Thanks for your reply! I tried moving the Xcode preferences file. It did reset all of my previous settings, but the crashes persisted. I installed the new sdk to run side by side with the old one in a new directory, if its important to know.

drf1229

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 22, 2009
Ok, I found the problem! I needed to upgrade to 10.6.2, which I forgot to do! Doh!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.