Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
I just recently purchased and set up Jaadu VNC to control my home Mac when I'm away. It works great! VNC isn't the fastest thing in the world, especially over the Internet - so keep that in mind - but it works.

Some suggestions for other app users:
  1. Enable touchscreen mode. It makes using the app so much easier, particularly when you're trying to click things.
  2. Even though the guide says to turn show screen off if you turn on zoom, leave it on. The guide is in error.
  3. I used Screen Sharing support built into the OS, since I have multiple monitors. Vine Server doesn't support multiple monitors, so keep this in mind.
  4. Enabling encryption is something I highly recommend. It takes a little work but it's worth it.

kdesign7

macrumors 6502a
Feb 1, 2010
earth, for now.
I just recently purchased and set up Jaadu VNC to control my home Mac when I'm away. It works great! VNC isn't the fastest thing in the world, especially over the Internet - so keep that in mind - but it works.

Some suggestions for other app users:
  1. Enable touchscreen mode. It makes using the app so much easier, particularly when you're trying to click things.
  2. Even though the guide says to turn show screen off if you turn on zoom, leave it on. The guide is in error.
  3. I used Screen Sharing support built into the OS, since I have multiple monitors. Vine Server doesn't support multiple monitors, so keep this in mind.
  4. Enabling encryption is something I highly recommend. It takes a little work but it's worth it.

I wrote a thread on this in the iPad discussion. I think you might like to read it - https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/859157/

Leave ur comments :) :) :)

interconnect

macrumors regular
Nov 15, 2007
RealVNC just released their iPhone app. It's $10 and works great. Also works with RealVNC Enterprise which supports encryption throughout the entire session as opposed to just encrypting the password as in almost all other VNC clients and servers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.